Triple Yeti Blast - Disney’s Animal Kingdom

From the Disney Food blog...

Review: Triple Yeti Blast at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Apr 2nd, 2012 by AJ.

Lots of you will remember when I spotted Upcountry Beverages in Animal Kingdom for the first time — I sampled some yummo frozen drinks, braved the pouring rain, and ended up with the Maharaja Margarita! icon_smile.gif

Well, on my recent visit I was interested to note that the daiquiris are gone from the menu, and the whole thing is margaritas now!! So I just had to try all three…

Animal-Kingdom-Upcountry-Beverage-Cart-500x341.jpg

Animal Kingdom Upcountry Beverage Cart

Updated-Menu-no-daquiris-421x525.jpg

Updated Menu (no daquiris) - click image for larger version

Fortunately for my ability to stand up straight, they offer all three of these refreshing margaritas in one delightful drink – the Triple Yeti Blast!

Drink-with-Building-350x525.jpg

Triple Yeti Blast in front of UPcountry Beverages

Yowza, eh?! The layers of strawberry, lime, and mango were frosty with just the right amount of sweet-tart and a little kick. My favorites, in order, were lime (more tart than the others), strawberry, then mango. While all three of these treats are similar to other frozen margaritas sold at kiosks around property, it’s pretty awesome to have them all buddied up like this.

And note that these do not come out of a blender, but are sold from those giant, industrial smoothie machines; so while they don’t taste homemade necessarily, they ARE very smooth.

All that said, since you will never see me complain about yet another spot to grab a margarita, I definitely give the Triple Yeti Blast a happy thumbs up! It’s a great spot to stop on the “long trek” between Africa and Asia. icon_wink.gif

Plus, it always helps when the cast members at a dining location are awesome, and these ones definitely were!

Triple-Yeti-Blast-325x525.jpg

Triple Yeti Blast

What do you think? Will you miss the Kali River Colada or the Bali Hai Daiquiri, or do more margarita options suit you just fine? icon_wink.gif Leave a comment below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/04/02/review-triple-yeti-blast-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/