Extra cinnamon and sugar for your streusel topping.

Yum

Remember to add extra time if you have to transfer from one bus to another!

You have to be crazy if you're willing to wait for two buses. You're talking possibly 90 minutes to get somewhere and potentially a 3 hour round trip. There is absolutely no place at WDW where I would waste that much time getting there. Take a cab, you'll be there in 15 minutes. Spend the money.

Call me crazy, but I just LOVE getting on any Disney transportation and just going for a ride. Resort hop, chat with guests, giggle with the kids about their favorites, strike up a conversation with the drivers

Me too.

The only time I dread the ride is after park or DTD closing when all my resort friends are cranky, crazy, broke, and overtired.

Me too.

If you're at the Fort, at the Outpost bus loop, you can get a bus to almost anywhere you should want to go (except MK). If you want to go to another resort, there is no reliable one-bus route; there's a chance that a bus from a park may be going to another resort but that usually turns out to be the Lodge.

But Disney doesn't want the free parking at Downtown used for the parks.

there's a chance that a bus from a park may be going to another resort but that usually turns out to be the Lodge.

While the Fort does share a bus with the WL from DHS & Epcot, it's the last stop in both cases before returning to the park, so no chance of getting to the WL from the Outpost.

But Disney doesn't want the free parking at Downtown used for the parks.

That's the assumption that most people make, but not really the reason.

Buses are at a premium, so Disney needs to use all buses where they're needed the most and tying up 12 or so buses transporting the small numbers of people that wanted to go from DTD to a park was not an efficient use of resources. If you do the math, it cost more to run those buses than whatever parking fees Disney was missing out on. It would have been cheaper to let those people just park for free. Why even offer that service, it's a lose, lose situation.

And they haven't eliminated people skipping the parking fee. I can tell you first hand that plenty of people still park at DTD to avoid the parking fee at the parks. Every morning there they are. It's just that it's a two step process now, but they still do it.