The main tip I can give as far as transportation goes, it to allow more time than you think you will need. The transportation system is awesome, but you have to figure in the time you need to wait for the transport vehicle, the time it takes for the trip and the time it takes to get from the vehicle to where you are going. This goes Double if you are using more than one form of transportation (going from resort to resort)

Lets see, you could drive. :rofl2:

Or lets see, you could boat over to the MK and Monorail to Epcot, walk through Epcot to the boats that cross over to the Studios.

Or a Taxi >:D

I have to admit that I NEVER go on a boat or floating dock so I am just bloviating here.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Here's another transport tip... if you're trying to get somewhere on a busy day, leave even more time as you may not fit on the first bus/boat/monorail.

Happened to us over Halloween weekend. We wanted to catch the bus to Epcot for BATWIT on a Sunday during Food & Wine. First bus showed up already mostly full from its first stop at the Lodge. A few people ahead of us got on but it was apparent that unless Lou was driving and shoehorning people into every available speck of space, we weren't getting on.

By the time we caught bus #2, it took us probably about an hour to get to Epcot.

By comparison, most of the rest of the time we were there we never waited more than 10 mins for the bus, had plenty of room on the first one, and usually got there in less than 30 minutes total from the time we arrived at the bus stop.

or bus to DTD, then bus to the Fort

No, don't do that. Take a cab from the CR to the Fort.

A few people ahead of us got on but it was apparent that unless Lou was driving and shoehorning people into every available speck of space, we weren't getting on.

You got that right. I would have found room. No guest left behind.

By the time we caught bus #2, it took us probably about an hour to get to Epcot.

How many times do I have to tell you people, drive yourself.

• 2 months later...

The reason that Disney doesn't offer that information is because it's really not needed and it's impossible to do with any accuracy, just too many variables.

The following is what you need to know no matter where you are and no matter where you're going. If you don't follow these basic guidelines, you will get burnt if you need to be somewhere at a certain time.

Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This include the max average wait time and max travel time.

Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.

Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.

Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.

DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.

Park to park transportation, YES.

Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.

no we don't but sounds like a great idea for a page if someone wants to funnel me some info to put one together. :wave1:

hmmm, it would make a good page but........he's not gonna take you up on that one.. I think

The reason that Disney doesn't offer that information is because it's really not needed and it's impossible to do with any accuracy, just too many variables.

The following is what you need to know no matter where you are and no matter where you're going. If you don't follow these basic guidelines, you will get burnt if you need to be somewhere at a certain time.

Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This include the max average wait time and max travel time.

Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.

Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.

Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.

DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.

Park to park transportation, YES.

Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.

Lou... :bighug:

Thank you. Just what I need to pass on! Extra cinnamon and sugar for your streusel topping.

Call me crazy, but I just LOVE getting on any Disney transportation and just going for a ride. Resort hop, chat with guests, giggle with the kids about their favorites, strike up a conversation with the drivers/captains, stroll through lobbies and look at decorations, go to AKL to sit by the fire...

The only time I dread the ride is after park or DTD closing when all my resort friends are cranky, crazy, broke, and overtired. But, hey, I'm still not having to pay attention to the road/water/rails, right? :)