What exactly do they have for sides? I have several severe food allergies and I want to try it but I cannot do buffets due to the risk of cross contamination. I've got a list of wdw restaurants that I eat at regularly when I'm there and kind of have become stuck in my ways and would like to branch out... Also I'm not doing the parks as much and most of the eateries are with in the parks

I know for buffets that the chef will walk you through the buffet and point out what you can have and bring it to you from the kitchen but I'm a planner and need to know before hand... I think I saw on the site something about a potato bar? Is that still there?

Is it worth it?

I have several severe food allergies and I want to try it but I cannot do buffets due to the risk of cross contamination.

Is it worth it?

YES!!!

Welcome to my world, food allergies is one of the main reasons we go to Disney for vacation. The chefs are wonderful and step up to the plate every time. Just ask to speak with the chef and inform the host/hostess along with the wait staff that you have food allergies, just like you do at any other Disney restaurant and the chef will walk you through the buffet and tell you what is safe and what is not. If you express your concerns about the cross contamination, the chef will make some up separate for you and bring it to your table.

We eat there regualary with my DD who has allergies to ALL dairy products, Eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts along with sensitivity to wheat and soy.

Veggies then were corn and various incarnations of potatoes, including a baked potato fixin' bar.

Disney restaurants usually do a bang-up job of accommodating food allergies. I would imagine Trails End does too.

Also if you'll have a car or don't mind spending some time on a bus, there are lots of good restaurants in the other resorts as well as DTD. Plus it's a good reason to go exploring. :)

Managed to lay my hands on the official Dietary Request Policy and part of it says this...

"All WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort Table service restaurants that accept Reservations offer balanced menu choices and can accomodate lifestyle dietary needs (such as no sugar added, low fat, low sodium, vegetarian or vegan). If a lifestyle menu request is needed, Guests should advise a Cast Member at the time of dining of the request and they will be happy to assist. For Dinner Shows, a 24-hour notice is required for any lifestyle menu request. "

Thanks every one! I have such random food allergies (eggs which is in practically everything, chicken, fish, shellfish, banana, avocado, and kiwi) I have never really had an issue at wdw which is great because some places i've eaten ate aren't so accommodating that we've ended up just leaving after a few drinks to go some where else to eat...

but generally as long as there are potatoes and meat im usually pretty happy..

i am definitely planning on some resort hopping