Rainbow Springs Campground

How did you like it there?  Our friends want us to go w/ them for a week there for Spring Break.  Is there much to do for a whole week?  They have full hookups, right?

I think it would be awesome for a couple days, just not sure about a week :D

I think a few days at the most.  After canoeing or tubing and visiting the headsprings, there really isn't much more to do.  The town itself is very small and didn't seem like much was going on when we were there.

We stayed for 2 nights and it was plenty for us, of course our children are very young so that was a factor.  The campground does have full hookups and a decent little store.  The sites are good size, but lack shade throughout since it was recently renovated.  I did like the gravel sites better than the usual sand at most State Parks.

Hope this helps out a little.

Yes, thanks that helps a lot.  I would be stuck there because DH is saving vacation time for a Fort trip later this summer, so he would have to take the family and set us up and then come pick us up the next weekend.  Sounds like a great weekend trip though, can't wait to try it sometime.  We just bought a canoe today, so looking forward to all the places we can use it at.  :))

Yes, thanks that helps a lot.  I would be stuck there because DH is saving vacation time for a Fort trip later this summer, so he would have to take the family and set us up and then come pick us up the next weekend.  Sounds like a great weekend trip though, can't wait to try it sometime.  We just bought a canoe today, so looking forward to all the places we can use it at.  :rofl2:

So your DH got his canoe? That's great. Maybe we can do a Grand Gathering up there, I have been thinking about going there for a while.

Yes, thanks that helps a lot.  I would be stuck there because DH is saving vacation time for a Fort trip later this summer, so he would have to take the family and set us up and then come pick us up the next weekend.  Sounds like a great weekend trip though, can't wait to try it sometime.  We just bought a canoe today, so looking forward to all the places we can use it at.  :partytwo:

So your DH got his canoe? That's great. Maybe we can do a Grand Gathering up there, I have been thinking about going there for a while.

He did but we are returning it tomorrow.  Long story. 

I think a GG there sounds fun!  We are still trying to work out Crystal Springs.  Waiting for my friend to lmk what weekend she needs me to babysit. 

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there last December for a couple nights.  Campground is so-so- the river and headsprings are great- the water is crystal clear.  Here are a few pics.

As said- not much shade-

5256846746_eaf0cf03a2_z.jpg

DSC_7305 by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

5256239891_72cfbc928d_z.jpg

DSC_7451 by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

Pool was out of commission-

5256847036_7886bb6874_z.jpg

DSC_7309 by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

5256253755_975fd2793e_z.jpg

Waiting Canoes by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr

5256849370_570a73cda4_z.jpg

DSC_7357 by ~Life by the Drop~, on Flickr