Sunshine Tree Terrace Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam

From the Disney Food Blog. This sounds a bit... odd, but I do generally like anything "berry." Anyone tried it?

Review: Sunshine Tree Terrace Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam

May 3rd, 2012 by AJ.

Many of you know that I’m not a big fan of the foam-on-food trend.

What’s the foam-on-food trend you ask? The foam-on-food trend is one of the molecular gastronomy fads sweeping the nation (well, it’s been sweeping the nation for a couple of years and has now made it to Disney World), and this one means that every food and its brother seems to have a “foam” on top these days.

Foam-on-Drink-Example-600x375.jpg

Foam on Drink Example. Note: This is not the Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam. You have to read on for that.

Some foams are bubbly and soapy looking like the one pictured below (the name of this restaurant will be reserved to protect the innocent, because it’s a very good restaurant that I like a lot and I’m hoping they’ll stop doing the foam thing soon). And while you’re used to foam on your coffee and cappuccino, you’re not necessarily used to it on your steak…

Foam-544x625.jpg

Foam on a Meat Dish

Other foams look like colored shaving cream like this. To me, these are less offensive than the soapy looking foams, but still… I’m not a fan:

Adding-Foam-355x625.jpg

Adding Foam to Pomegranate Margarita at Mexico's Margarita Kiosk -- full review of this coming soon, too

But I was surprised to see that while I’d seen foams pop up on signature dining (e.g. ’spensive!) menus for a while, I hadn’t seen them added to counter service menus until Sunshine Tree Terrace re-opened recently!

Sunshine-Tree-Terrace-menu-5-3-600x186.jpg

Sunshine Tree Terrace menu 5-3-12

Do you see that? All Natural Lemonade topped with Wild Berry Foam! What in the world?!

So I made a special trip to the Magic Kingdom to snag this drink. I went at night, so the pics aren’t the best. As a result, I’m giving you two to choose from. Just look at the one you prefer and ignore the other one.

Lemonade-with-wildberry-foam-2-472x625.jpg

Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam at Sunshine Tree Terrace

As it turned out, the All Natural Lemonade was very good…and very sour (yay!). And the Wild Berry Foam didn’t make that sucker any sweeter! Nope; the foam itself was pretty sour as well. So the drink was sour-on-sour — kind of like your kids’ new favorite candy these days.

Lemonade-with-Wildberry-Foam-492x625.jpg

Second version of Lemonade with Wild Berry Foam

Personally, I loved it! While the taste was overwhelming, I liked the different flavors of the berry and the lemon, and since I was using a straw, I didn’t really have to feel the foaminess.

So, while I’m not generally a foam fan when it comes to food, I’m giving a free pass to this drink! Loved it!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/03/review-sunshine-tree-terrace-lemonade-with-wild-berry-foam/