Elvis Presley Cupcake at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

From the Disney Food Blog...

New! “The King” Elvis Presley Cupcake at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

May 31st, 2012 by AJ.

Thanks to reader Susan T., we have a bit of seriously rad information for you: The King Cupcake recently debuted at the Pop Century Resort at Walt Disney World in the Everything Pop food court! As a tribute to Elvis Presley, the cupcake features all of the flavors from the King’s renowned favorite sandwich:

• Chocolate Cupcake
  • Banana Custard Filling
  • Peanut Butter Frosting
  • Candied Bacon
  • Chocolate Drizzle

This is totally a big hunk ‘o love, right?! Can you believe that?!?

The-King-cupcake-at-Pop-Century-421x625.jpg

The King cupcake at Pop Century

Susan sent along this review — scroll down to see her pic!:

The cupcake was nice and moist. I would’ve liked a bit more banana custard inside, but it was nice and tasty. The peanut butter icing was to die for. You really need to like peanut butter, which I do — so I loved the icing.

It was my first time eating candied bacon. It was different. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either. I think it’s a bit of an acquired taste. I would definitely have this again.

The-King-cupcake-593x625.jpg

The King Cupcake

I’m pretty much sold, Susan! I can’t wait to try this and I hope it’s still there the next time I’m in Orlando!!

Will you try the King Cupcake on your next visit to Pop Century? Thumbs up or down for candied bacon? Chime in!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/31/new-the-king-elvis-presley-cupcake-at-disneys-pop-century-resort/#more-57671