Coffee Mocha Cupcake at Disney’s Boardwalk Bakery

From the Disney Food Blog. I'm starting to think WDW has a thing about cupcakes ...although this is another one of the delicious kind, not the annoying kind. 8)

Guest Review: Coffee Mocha Cupcake at Disney’s Boardwalk Bakery

Jun 21st, 2012 by AJ.

Join me in welcoming guest author Dereka Erickson with a review of another awesome Disney Cupcake!

As a chocoholic, one of my favorite things about staying at Disney’s Boardwalk is the easy access to the Boardwalk Bakery and Seashore Sweets. One day, I’d like to walk in and say, “I’ll have one of each!”

On this particular day I had to settle for only one item: The Coffee-Mocha cupcake caught my eye, as I’d never seen it before. It sounded promising, so I asked for one of those and an Oreo Bonbon cupcake for my husband.

Cupcakes-in-Case1.jpg

Cupcakes in Case

Cake Review

When I took off the wrapper I was initially disappointed to see “wet” cake. I do not like soggy food. I took that first bite hesitantly, but my hesitation quickly turned into enthusiasm! This was “wet” cake done right.

Chocolate cake can sometimes come off as a bit dry, so the coffee added to this definitely prevented that without going overboard. It was not soggy at all.

The coffee beans that you see are actually molded dark chocolate. Even my husband commented that they were a nice touch.

Coffee-Mocha-Cupcake-and-Oreo-Bonbon-Cupcake.jpg

Coffee Mocha Cupcake and Oreo Bonbon Cupcake

Frosting and Filling Review

The frosting on this has a nice, smooth mocha flavor. It’s not super-sweet and is very smooth. It isn’t that kind of frosting that “tickles” your teeth and throat.

The filling inside is a little thicker than the frosting on top, but maintains the mocha flavor.

To be honest, I didn’t even notice the chocolate crumbles on the outside; they just blended in with the rest of this.

Coffee-Mocha-Cupcake-Cross-Section.jpg

Coffee Mocha Cupcake Cross-Section

Overall

I would definitely get this cupcake again. It was delicious, but not overly sweet or coffee-flavored.

Some of the cupcakes in Walt Disney World are — although delicious — too much for me, forcing me to share.

The Coffee-Mocha cupcake was NOT shared. It gave me my chocolate fix, with just the right amount of java mixed in.

I did not notice how much this cupcake costs, but I did use a Disney Dining Plan snack credit for it. A well-spent snack credit, I must say!

What’s your favorite snack to indulge in while strolling Walt Disney World’s Boardwalk?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/21/guest-review-coffee-mocha-cupcake-at-disneys-boardwalk-bakery/