Studio Catering Co. - Disney’s Hollywood Studios

From the Disney Food blog...

Review: Studio Catering Co. at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Jun 23rd, 2012 by AJ.

While we previously told you about the menu changes at Studio Catering Co., I finally got the chance recently to stop in and sample their “new to me” menu of sandwiches for myself!

Please note that this post is my contribution to StudiosCentral.com’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios Awareness Week! (Better late than never! ;-D)

Atmosphere

With its awesome location right next to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, the Catering Company is a great spot for families with children to take a play break from the attractions.

studio-catering-exterior.jpg

Studio Catering Company Exterior

There is also a TON of shaded seating, so there is always a spot to sit and relax for a bit.

studio-catering-tables.jpg

Studio Catering Company Tables

And while you’re taking a load off, don’t forget to snag your Stoplight Margarita from High Octane Refreshments next door! Just sayin’…

Eats

The menu was changed up here a while back, and I’ve been hearing some pretty good reviews of it. The casual dining spot currently offers an interesting selection of hot and cold sandwiches.

Studio-Catering-Co-Menu-1-600x576.jpg

Studio Catering Co. Menu

A grilled vegetable sandwich and Greek salad are also available for those looking for quick service vegetarian fare. (I hear GREAT reviews of that vegetable sandwich, by the way.)

The standard Kids’ Picks of chicken nuggets or Smucker’s Uncrustables PB&J don’t offer a lot of adventure for younger diners, though.

Studio-Catering-Co-Menu-2-600x405.jpg

Studio Catering Co. Menu 2

While there aren’t too many sides offered (your standard apple slices and french fries are available, of course), there are a couple of options for dessert (hey, this is vacation, right?). And you’ve got a few beer and wine options.

Studio-Catering-Co-Menu-3-600x435.jpg

Studio Catering Co. Menu 3

Studio Catering Co. has gotten trendy, so it also offers the popular Kids’ Picks Power Pack, which contains an array of “healthier” snacks like yogurt and veggies and dip. This might offer lighter eaters an alternative to chicken nuggets.

Studio-Catering-Co-Kids-Picks-600x465.jpg

Kids Picks - Studio Catering Co.

Now, what did I get when it was my turn to order, you ask? Those of you who are regulars on this blog know very well what the answer to that question is! Whenever you see “buffalo chicken” anything on the menu, I’m a goner. I blame it on the fact that I’m from Buffalo, NY, of course. I was born with hot sauce in my veins. icon_wink.gif

But the sandwich was not quite what I expected… . Normally, a breaded Buffalo chicken sandwich has been tossed in that characteristic hot sauce-butter concoction that we all know and love. This…well…wasn’t. There wasn’t really any hot sauce to be seen. And if I can’t see the hot sauce, how am I supposed to know it’s a Buffalo chicken sammich?

Studio-Catering-Co-Buffalo-Chicken-Sandwich-600x465.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

That said, the sandwich did look lovely. A large fried chicken breast with that tasty Disney breading, an impeccable sandwich roll (will you look at that thing? it looks like the fresh baguettes I used to buy at the bakery in Europe for heaven’s sake!). And the sandwich had lots of fresh lettuce and tomato as well.

Now, a peak inside reveals why this sandwich might carry the moniker “Buffalo” — there was a small supply of spicy Ranch dressing coating the bun and the top of the chicken. Definitely tasty — but not what I think of when I hear the words “Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.” In fact, next time I go, I’ll ask them if they can give me a little side of the sauce to make the sandwich a little spicier. Never hurts to ask, right?

Studio-Catering-Co-Buffalo-Chicken-Sandwich-2-600x393.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - Inside

Overall

Studio Catering Co. is the perfect spot to grab a bite if you are starving, need a break from the sun, and don’t want to be overwhelmed with too many choices.

There’s something for everyone on the menu, even though the choices are quite a bit more interesting for the adults in your party. And the food is surprisingly good — and fresh. I was pretty impressed.

It may not be as interesting as, say, a waffle sandwich from Magic Kingdom’s Sleepy Hollow, but you won’t leave Studio Catering Co. hungry!

Have you tried the sandwiches or salad at Studio Catering Co.? What do you think of the limited kids’ menu? Let us know your thoughts!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/06/23/review-studio-catering-co-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/