Disney's Magical Express FAQs

From the Touring Plans blog. To read the full article and see photos, follow the link at the end...

Frequently Asked Questions About Disney’s Magical Express

by Erin Foster

Disney’s Magical Express is a service that provides free bus transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and Disney’s resort hotels, for guests staying at those hotels. While the word “FREE” always sounds good, there may be some situations where using Magical Express does not make sense. There are also some tips and tricks that can make your Magical Express experience better if you do choose to use it. Here’s what you need to know.

Who can use Disney’s Magical Express?

Registered guests of Disney-owned hotels are eligible for Magical Express Service. These hotels are:

Art of Animation

All-Star Movies, Music, & Sports

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas, Jambo & Kidani

Beach Club & Villas

BoardWalk & Villas

Fort Wilderness Cabins & Campgrounds

Caribbean Beach

Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower Villas

Coronado Springs

Grand Floridian

Old Key West

Polynesian

Pop Century

Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside

Saratoga Springs

Wilderness Lodge & Villas

Yacht Club

But I’m staying at the Swan! Isn’t that on Disney property? Don’t I qualify for Magical Express?

Sorry, no. While the Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green, and a few Downtown Disney area hotels are quite close to the action, only guests staying at the hotels actually owned by Disney qualify for free Magical Express transportation.

If you’re considering staying at the Swan/Dolphin/etc., you may want to factor the lack of Magical Express service into your decision process. The lack of ME means that staying at these resorts will automatically add a rental car fee (and a resort parking fee) or cab or shuttle fare to the cost of your vacation.

I’m flying into Sanford Airport. Can I get Magical Express from there?

No, there is only free Magical Express transportation from Orlando International (MCO).

How do I set up my Magical Express ride?

When you make your Disney hotel reservation, you will be asked if you want to use Magic Express. Say yes. To make a Magical Express booking, you’ll need to provide your flight information and resort confirmation number.

What if I don’t know my flight information yet?

No worries. Magical Express can be arranged at any point prior to your trip by calling 866-599-0951. You can also add flight information to your itinerary by visiting www.disneyworld.com/mydisneyvacation.

I booked my Disney stay through a travel aggregator (Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity) that never asked me if I wanted to use Magical Express. Can I still use it?

Yes. As long as you have a reservation at a Disney hotel on the list above, then you can use ME. Call 866-599-0951 to set this up. Again, have your resort confirmation number and flight information available when you call.

What do I do if my flight information changes after I’ve given the information to Magical Express?

If the airline has tinkered with your arrival/departure time by a few minutes, don’t worry about it. If there has been a substantial change, then call Magical Express to let them know. You should also do this if anything happens at the last minute, such as a significant weather delay or you miss your flight. If you’re in a tizzy at the airport (status quo for me) and forget to call to update Magical Express about a delay, don’t stress. Just get to Orlando, and they’ll work with you at the Magical Express Welcome Desk to get you to your resort as quickly as possible.

Real the full article...