From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for more photos...

Snack Series: Pocky in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion

Aug 9th, 2012 by AJ.

OK, so while this isn’t technically a “Disney-made” snack (I’ve even found it in my local grocery store recently), many of us have our first experience with Pocky in Mitsukoshi Department Store in Epcot’s Japan pavilion. I know I did! Just in case you haven’t experienced Pocky yet, let me introduce you!

These slender, crisp cookies coated in chocolate (and occasionally other flavors) are one of my favorite snacks available in Epcot’s World Showcase. You’ll find the tasty sweets way in the back of the fabled department store — near the indoor sake bar.

Pocky-flavors-Epcot-Japan-Pavilion-600x400.jpg

There Are Many Flavors of Pocky Available

There’s a Pocky for every flavor preference, from the purist approach of milk chocolate to fruit-flavored options. You can also find chocolate and nut combinations.

And, of course, there’s “Men’s Pocky.” No, I’m not kidding. Men’s Pocky is a dark chocolate version of the snack. icon_smile.gif

Pocky-Box-front-Epcot-Japan-pavilion-399x625.jpg

Front of Pocky Box

The cookies come in a range of quantities as well, from little pocky boxes to GIANT POCKY BOXES. Just in case you need to share (yeah, right).

On this visit, I went for the classic: “chocolate cream covered biscuit sticks.”

Pocky-Box-Back-Epcot-Japan-pavilion-417x625.jpg

Back of Pocky Box - Nutritional Information and Ingredients

While I’m displaying my Pocky on a plate, one of the great traits of this snack is that you can definitely stroll and enjoy it. It’s an excellent World Showcase Promenade snack.

The 80-gram box actually holds two foil packs — one for you, and…one for you!

Once you open the packet, you see that there are a lot of cookies here! That’s one of my favorite things about this snack.

But know that these are addictive. I always try to eat them one at a time, but after a while I’m just stuffing four in my face at once. Sigh. Mindless eating, AJ; mindless eating.

open-pocky-Epcot-Japan-pavilion-600x400.jpg

Open Packet of Pocky

These usually stay crispy even after they’ve been open for a day or two, so it’s a good traveling snack as well.

Pocky-Bite-Cross-Section-Epcot-Japan-pavilion-600x316.jpg

Pocky Up Close - Cross Section

So, these aren’t anything fancy, but they check a lot of boxes when it comes to a good Disney World snack. The flavors are simple and comforting, the cookies aren’t messy, and they’re shareable if they absolutely need to be.

Want to know more about all of the fantastic snacks available throughout the pavilions of World Showcase? Check out our newest e-Book, The Disney Food Blog Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks!

What’s your favorite Pocky flavor? Let us know in comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/09/snack-series-pocky-in-epcots-japan-pavilion/