Friday Happy Hour: New Margaritas at La Cava del Tequila - Mexico pavilion, Epcot

From the Disney Food Blog. Glad to see La Cava del Tequila is busy and continuing to be popular! Also glad to see they're changing up their food menu a bit. It was pretty good when it opened, but then they dropped it down to some pretty basic stuff. It's a small menu to begin with, but always good to have a few munchies while you're sampling the local specialties. 8)

If any of you are fans and are on Twitter, they tweat out specials and happenings all the time.

Friday Happy Hour: New Margaritas at La Cava del Tequila in Epcot

Aug 17th, 2012 by AJ.

As you know, La Cava del Tequila in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion is one of my favorite pit stops on my way “around the World.”

And I was excited to see a few new margaritas on the menu when I made my last visit a few weeks ago!

A Frozen Coffee Margarita has been added for $13 (building on the popularity of their regular coffee margarita), and an Azuñia Organic Skinny Margarita is now on the menu at $14!

Skinny-Margarita-Top-600x492.jpg

Skinny Margarita Close-Up

La Cava Skinny Margarita

I’ve become a bit of a connoisseur of skinny margaritas recently, since so many of them are popping up on menus around the country. (By the way, the reason they’re called “skinny” is because they’re supposed to have fewer calories than other standard margaritas — usually due to the lack of sugary margarita and sour mixes as fillers.)

Most are sharp and biting, and some are slightly metallic, but I haven’t really found one that I love. So I was interested to see what La Cava could do with the recipe.

Skinny-Margarita-Ingredients-600x167.jpg

Skinny Margarita Ingredients

Well, not surprisingly, the Cava skinny margarita is the best one I’ve had to date. You’d think I’d have learned by now to trust the experts.

Skinny-Margarita-452x625.jpg

Skinny Margarita at La Cava del Tequila

The flavors were well-balanced, and the first sip wasn’t too sour or metallic the way it can be with many skinnies. I also didn’t get a strong or strange aftertaste. Basically, this tasted like a margarita…not like a “diet” margarita. Very enjoyable, and even if the calorie count still isn’t all that friendly, at least your indulgence isn’t in vain.

New Cava Eats

Also new at La Cava these days is a dip trio combo for $14. Chips are served with salsa, queso, and guacamole…and you know how I feel about that queso…

Nacho-Dipped-in-Queso-500x439.jpg

Cava Chips and Queso

As always, Cava is one of our favorite places in Epcot. And while Tutto Gusto in Epcot’s Italy is a close second for last minute, incredible eats, that Mexico hideaway still holds a place in my heart. icon_wink.gif

What margaritas are your favorite in Disney World? Be sure to check out our Disney Margarita Gallery to see even more great versions to try!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/17/friday-happy-hour-new-margaritas-at-la-cava-del-tequila-in-epcot/