Quick Service Food Tips - Magic Kingdom

From MiceChat. Follow the link for more photos.

Anyone have their own QS tips and favorites to share?

Magic Kingdom Quick Service Food Tips From The Experts

Written by Jeff Heimbuch.

Published on August 18, 2012

Planning a Walt Disney World vacation is as much about the food as it is about the theme parks and the resorts. Some days, you might have planned your sit-down dinners or character breakfasts, but that still leaves another meal or two. Anyone that has spent a week at Walt Disney World knows that you can only eat so many sit-down meals, right? Let’s let the experts chime in on the Magic Kingdom Quick Service restaurants.

We’re here to help!

Let’s take a virtual planning trip to the Magic Kingdom to talk about some of our favorite places to eat and some tips to help you make the most of your meals, money and magic.

Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café

Jeff: My favorite Quick Service Dining Restaurant is Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. I don’t know why, really. I’m pretty much just in love with the fact that they have an alien entertaining you while you eat. The food is, for the most part, good, but it’s the atmosphere that really makes it.

Laura: If you’re using the Dining Plan and want to get the most bang for your buck, go to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, where you can have a rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetable, dessert and one drink for one Quick Service Credit. This meal is easily shared by two people and at most you may want to purchase an extra drink.

Shirley: I always try to make it to Tomorrowland’s Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. For some reason, I just love to watch the animatronic Cosmic Ray do a rather “cheesy” comedic routine while I eat my burger.

Columbia Harbour House

Teresa: Columbia Harbour House is a great choice for a quiet lunch and New England clam chowder. I always go upstairs and sit next to a window— it’s quiet and I might catch a glimpse of the new Fantasyland being built.

Shirley: We keep heading on to the Columbia Harbour House. It has an upstairs dining room that seems to be hidden from the masses of people! My kids like the fish sandwiches but I prefer the clam chowder.

Siriann: My favorite counter service at the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. I really like their fish and chips and clam chowder. A quick tip, find a table upstairs. It’s not as loud or crowded as the main floor and there is a nice view of the park.

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

Teresa loves Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café: Not only do they have great burgers, but when you get your food go toward the dining area and walk all the way down on the left—it looks like the inside of the Mexican pavilion at Epcot and is quieter.

Laura: Because all of their burgers are double burgers, order an extra bun for a small cost and make two single burgers that you can top with all the fixin’s (lettuce, tomato, pickles, sautéed onions, mushrooms, etc.) at the Fixin’s Bar. Share the fries and drink or buy an extra drink to save a little money if not using any dining plan.

Shirley mentions that as her family heads to Frontierland and Liberty Square, they see a lot of other families heading to Pecos Bill for a burger or chili.

Sarah: My favorite Quick Service at the Magic Kingdom is Pecos Bill’s. I love the BBQ Pork Sandwich because it’s a nice change from the usual burger or chicken fingers and I never have trouble finding a open table.

Pinocchio Village Haus

Vac-MK-Tips-iasmw.jpg

Teresa: Pinocchio Village House has a window to watch the people getting on It’s a Small World. It’s a great place to keep the younger kids entertained while you finish your meal!

Shirley: There is a great option for quick service in Fantasyland that makes you feel like you have stepped into Pinocchio’s world, aptly called the Pinocchio Village Haus. They serve flatbreads and some great choices for kids.

Main Street Bakery

Amy: One of my favorite treats found at the Magic Kingdom is located right in the middle of Main Street USA. Inside the Main Street Bakery you will find the most wonderfully warm, LARGE and filled with ooey gooey goodness taste of the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls. And here’s another little tip, if you feel your cinnamon roll could use a little extra of the sweet & sticky icing drizzled over the top you can always ask for more (Yes, I did!). Oh yeah! Go for the gusto… full on sugar rush! Seriously, these are yummy for your tummy, don’t miss out on this classic confection on your next visit.

Dole Whip at Aloha Isle

Vac-MK-Tips-dole-whip.jpg

Jeff: But if you’re looking for a good tip, one of my favorite things to do is buy a DOLE WHIP, and climb up to the top of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, and just look at over the Park. It’s a delicious way to cool down in the shade and enjoy an amazing treat.

Sarah likes to slow down at the Magic Kingdom: We always get a churro in Frontierland, and a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle, we find a bench nearby, sit back and people watch. It’s a great way to relax, talk about the day and plan what we want to do next.

Shirley: In Adventureland, I will always see my family heading for Aloha Isle. We like the Dole Whip, but prefer to have it mixed with a little vanilla soft serve!

What are your favorite Magic Kingdom quick service eateries and snacks at the Magic Kingdom? Do you have any tips to share?

http://micechat.com/10186-magic-kingdom-quick-service/