D-Tech Me Princess - World of Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

From the Disney Parks blog...

A Behind-the-Scenes Look at D-Tech Me Princess in World of Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on August 27th, 2012

by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

The D-Tech Me Princess experience officially opened yesterday in the World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace. My fellow author Erin Catalano recently gave you a first look at the experience on the Disney Parks Blog. I’ve been involved with creating this project for more than a year now. I love how this experience uses state-of-the-art technology to create a unique and personalized keepsake from Disney Parks.

I recently partnered with our Imagineering scientists at the Disney Research labs to create a short behind-the-scenes video of this experience. The video highlights the entire process – from capturing an image using the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner to creating the final princess figurine using a high resolution 3D printer. It’s amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7QtCmOpDHw

Reservations are strongly recommended for this limited-time experience and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

Please note: Guests must be between 3-12 years of age to participate. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Certain restrictions apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-d-tech-me-princess-in-world-of-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/