Napoleon - Starring Rolls Cafe, Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Ok since Dave finally started his TR, I can post a few more of these. 8)

From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for more photos...

Snack Series: Napoleon at Starring Rolls Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Aug 30th, 2012 by AJ.

L

As you know, one of my favorite places to go for extreme Disney cupcakes is Starring Rolls Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and my recent visit was not at all disappointing!

While I did try one new cupcake (stay tuned for a review!), I also snagged two new-to-me items that I’d never tried before.

I’d heard for months about the Napoleon at the cafe, and I couldn’t wait to finally see what all the fuss was about.

Turns out, the fuss is well-deserved…

Napolean-close-up-568x625.jpg

Napoleon at Starring Rolls Cafe in Disney's Hollywood Studios

In the case, the Napoleons don’t look all that special next to the over-the-top cupcakes and fancy schmancy desserts. But ya gotta push past the first impression here, folks — it’s well worth it.

Napoleon-417x625.jpg

When I got my new little treasure out to an umbrella table in the Starring Rolls courtyard, it was definitely starting to show off its sugary appeal. Though I’ve never figured out how to eat things like this without making a complete mess! icon_wink.gif

Napoleon-side-view-600x400.jpg

Side View of Napoleon

This next shot shows some serious decadence. The glaze on top seems to be a thick confectioner’s sugar glaze — kind of what you get when you order cinnamon sticks from some Pizza Delivery companies — but creamier and more substantial!

And those layers of custard-cream inside look like pure indulgence, don’t they?

So, the construction of the Napoleon is classic — layers of flaky, buttery pastry are interspersed with that thick, rich vanilla custard cream that’s just “set” enough to not spill out the sides until you take a fork to the thing. And unlike some other goodies that seem to be all crust and no filling, the proportions of custard to pastry here are perfect.

Once again, Starring Rolls Cafe has hit a home run. I’ve honestly been dreaming about that Napoleon for weeks now! I can’t wait to go back and have it again. Sigh…

Have you tried the Napoleon or another sweet find at Starring Rolls Cafe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/30/snack-series-napoleon-at-starring-rolls-cafe-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/