Hollywood Scoops - Disney’s Hollywood Studios

From the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Hollywood Scoops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Oct 3rd, 2012 by AJ.

OK, let’s be totally honest here (this is just between you and me, of course…). I’ve never ordered a hand-scooped ice cream cone in Disney World. NO KIDDING! (What can I say, I always prefer that ice cream cookie sandwich!)

Yep — until my last visit to Hollywood Scoops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I was ice-cream-cone-less. But this is no longer the case, my friends… Hollywood Scoops to the rescue!

Hollywood-Scoops-in-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-600x400.jpg

Hollywood Scoops

Atmosphere

Nestled between the Hollywood Tower Hotel and Sunset Ranch Market, both themed to the late 1930′s, this brightly-colored stand fits perfectly into the World War II-era style of the Boulevard. You just want to stop here, right?

Hollywood-Scoops-From-second-angle-417x625.jpg

Hollywood Scoops from Second Angle

Even Scoops’ saucer-shaped light fixtures feature a scalloped edge, which was popular with early mid-century designers during the late 1930s and early 1940s. I love these!

Hollywood-Scoops-Light-600x409.jpg

Hollywood Scoops Light

And how cute is this little guy?? So many random “mascots” for restaurants in Disney World…

Hollywood-Scoops-Mascot-600x402.jpg

Hollywood Scoops Mascot

SO — because it’s got a fun theme and is located right on the corner of Awesome Ride and Awesomer Ride (Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror), lines for this spot are sometimes longer than you’d expect — especially from April through October when it’s HOT HOT HOT in Orlando. But it’s worth the wait, and they usually move quickly!

Hollywood-Scoops-Lines-600x400.jpg

Hollywood Scoops Lines

Eats

In addition to three outstanding sundaes, you can also order ice cream by the cup, by the cone, or sandwiched between two freshly-baked cookies. YUM!!!

If you have dietary concerns but are still looking to splurge, there are fat free and sugar free options available on menu as well.

Hollywood-Scoops-Sign-at-Disney-World-334x625.jpg

Hollywood Scoops Menu - click image for larger version

I opted for a massive double scoop of mint chocolate chip, but you really can’t go wrong with any of the hard-packed flavors served up at Hollywood Scoops.

Hollywood-Scoops-Mint-Chocolate-Chip-Ice-Cream-417x625.jpg

Hollywood Scoops Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

The ice cream was the perfect end to a fun Studios Day, but here’s a tip: have them put the cone in a cup to serve it — that way the quick melting won’t be a messy problem! icon_smile.gif

What’s your favorite Hollywood Scoops treat? Let us know in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/10/03/review-hollywood-scoops-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/