To Go Kiosk - Disney's Boardwalk Inn

The Disney Food Blog has reviewed the To Go Kiosk at Disney's Boardwalk Inn. One important note, this location does not currently accept the Disney Dining Plan or room charges.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/10/16/review-to-go-kiosk-at-disneys-boardwalk-inn/

Some excerpts...

Menu-1-Boardwalk-To-Go1-600x207.jpg

Menu - Click to Enlarge

Menu-3-Boardwalk-To-Go1-600x198.jpg

Sides and Drinks Menu -- Click to Enlarge

Menu-2-Boardwalk-To-Go1-600x205.jpg

Chicken Wings and Hamburger Menu Detail -- Click to Enlarge

Basically, the process is as such: pick out what you want, order, wait a few minutes while they fry it, eat. You’ll find nearby seating at table and chair groupings, as well as nearby benches; but there’s no completely sheltered or indoor seating available at To Go. PLUS, the ducks are serious about stalking you, so watch those digits as you eat your fries.

Once you’re through paying and are waiting for your food, it’s time to scope out your topping choices. Condiments are plentiful for such a small kiosk, and include the hot dog standards as well as sauerkraut, onion, hot sauce, and barbecue sauce.

Once I had my condiments all together, it was time to dig in! I started with the Fried Ravioli, since I’d been eyeing them for what seemed like years walking back and forth along the Boardwalk!

fried-ravioli-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Fried Ravioli

These weren’t awesome, but they weren’t horrible, either. A bit tough around the edges, but the ricotta inside has a good kick to it.

It’s a small enough portion that it’s a good snack, and the accompanying marinara sauce is tasty and plentiful.

inside-fried-ravioli-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Fried Ravioli -- Up Close

Next up, the Corn Dog! I thought I’d been totally rad and ordered the foot-long corn dog, but it turns out I just got the regular one. Probably for the best. icon_wink.gif

corn-dog-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Corn Dog

Anyone who’s had a good corn dog knows that these frozen-and-fried ones are nothing to write home about. But if you want a standard carnival corn dog, this is it!

inside-corn-dog-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x453.jpg

Corn Dog -- Cross Section

Now we get to the good stuff, though!! You guys know I heart my chicken wings, and these ones were some of the best I’ve had on property. I get that they’re probably just off-brand frozen wings, but they’re breaded, which I love.

Interestingly, these come un-sauced. That’s why that big bottle of hot sauce is standing on the counter — it’s pretty much douse-your-own here.

wings-with-no-sauce-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Chicken Wings without Sauce

Which I was MORE than happy to do!! And, seriously, these were very good. Like curl-up-with-your-chicken-wings-and-watch-a-romantic-movie kind of good.

chicken-wings-with-sauce-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Chicken Wings with Sauce

And another winner from the Boardwalk To Go stand — Corn Nugget Fritters! (I mean, come on, how could you not love something called a corn nugget fritter?!?)

corn-nuggets-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Corn Nugget Fritters

These little beauties, as far as I can tell, are just bunches of corn all fried up and plated. That’s about it. It didn’t seem like there was any cheese involved to hold them together, though I’m sure there was butter-type-product in there somewhere. icon_wink.gif

Either way, I loved ‘em!! (And, yes, I dipped them in plastic cheese.)

inside-corn-nuggets-Boardwalk-To-Go-600x400.jpg

Corn Nugget Fritters -- Up Close