site request fax vs. noting request on reservation?

When I make my reservations I've put loop requests in the past, but this time I thought about including a few site numbers also. Does faxing a request really improve the chances of getting a requested site? Or is putting it on the ressie enough? (I thought about listing a top 3).

We had a horrendous experience a number of years ago when we had a 38 ft 5th wheel where I clearly noted on the ressie our length, slideouts, awnings etc. and we ended up on a site that we were later told was described as "difficult back-in, no slideouts". We managed to get it in, but it was pretty frustrating. (and we couldn't open our awning to put up our Mickey lights.)

Our last couple of trips we had good luck with only a loop request for our 43 foot motor home and letting them pick the site, but with all the great info on the new Sites app I thought about adding site requests.

Thanks - as always - for the opinions!

3 weeks to the fort!!!!!!!!!

We always do both and have had really good luck with our requests. But that said, we book preferred pet (which is only 300 loop) and we're generally checking in during the quieter times of the year.

We also give them our top 4 or 5 sites we'd like, but some folks think your odds are actually better if you tell them more about what you want in a site vs a specific request (i.e., size considerations, near bus stop or comfort station, etc.)

Keep in mind that the time of year or even day you check in may play into if WDW can grant your request. Also don't forget that if they put you in a site that just doesn't work for you, you can always go/call the front desk and ask for something else.

We've been 4 for 4 the past 4 years with getting one of the sites we asked for. Hopefully on Friday it will be 5 for 5!