Getting to parks from Wyndham Lake Buena Vista?

I have a friend who is planning to stay at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort in January. She and her husband are bringing their son who a college freshman and his best friend. They would like the boys to be able to catch Disney buses to get around for the week. It is my understanding that the resort doesn't use Disney transport. Does anyone know how often their shuttles run and if they seem convenient? Would they be better off walking to DTD and catching Disney transport there?

My friend is considering changing to a different resort and i am trying to help her gather the info to make her decision. This is a dear friend to me and any help you can give woould be really appreciated.

The Wyndham is right across the highway from the Marketplace bus depot. Since they are college young men, then walking down the sidewalk just a bit and crossing at the croswalk will be very easy to get to the bus depot. That bus depot runs to all other resorts.

To get to the parks from the Marketplace bus stop

MK, take a bus to the Contemporary and walk

Epcot, take a bus to the Poly, walk to the TTC and take the monoral.

Studios, take a bus to the Boardwalk, and walk or take the boat OR take a bus to the Poly and walk to the TTC and take a bus to the Studios

Animal Kingdom, take a bus to the Poly, walk to the TTC and take a bus to Animal Kingdom.

I know for certain they don't use WDW Transport. It's right there on Hotel Plaza, but I'm not sure it uses those DTD area hotel shuttles (which are a pain) or if they have their own from that hotel. Regardless, those are probably the best option, regardless of how much of a pain/slow they are. No free theme park parking or anything, either, staying at the Hotel Plaza resorts.

Also, if the boys walk over to DTD, those busses don't go to the parks - resorts only - and even though it looks close, that walk takes a good while. I made the mistake of doing it once.

The Wyndham is right across the highway from the Marketplace bus depot. Since they are college young men, then walking down the sidewalk just a bit and crossing at the croswalk will be very easy to get to the bus depot. That bus depot runs to all other resorts.

To get to the parks from the Marketplace bus stop

MK, take a bus to the Contemporary and walk

Epcot, take a bus to the Poly, walk to the TTC and take the monoral.

Studios, take a bus to the Boardwalk, and walk or take the boat OR take a bus to the Poly and walk to the TTC and take a bus to the Studios

Animal Kingdom, take a bus to the Poly, walk to the TTC and take a bus to Animal Kingdom.

Strike all that, this may not work too well before noon. Walking over to the Congress Park bus stop at Saratoga Springs is an option to get to the parks in the morning, but it is a bit of a walk. I'm thinking the Wyndham does have the Hotel Plaza Boulevard shuttle to the parks in the morning.