Florida resident tickets without the Florida resident?

Hello folks! We are planning on arriving at the Fort a week from Sunday. If we get lucky and my wife gets Friday night off at the Hospital (patient count dependant) then we will get there on Saturday!

Here is the problem. My mother who lives in Fort Myers Beach, has a doctor's appointment on Monday and won't get there until Monday afternoon. She is having surgery this week and it will be a follow up. I'm bringing the little electric scooter for her at the parks that I used when I crashed my motorcycle and got a bunch of new titanium installed on my bones.

Here's the problem:

She usually buys the florida resident tickets for all the kids. Laura and I have our tickets already.

If we get there on Saturday we would want to do the Magic Kingdom on Sunday and I'd like to do Epcot on Monday, both because of EMH.

Is there any work around?

Can we buy the kids tickets and then have her change them to Florida resident tickets when she gets there?

She might call AAA south to ask about an advance purchase but pretty sure she'd need to be there with a FL id in order to verify/activate the tickets at the gate.

It's unlikely you would be able to buy tickets and then get a refund but you might possibly be able to buy them one or two day passes for only the days you need and then use those to upgrade to a more expensive FL resident pass. Not sure, but it's an avenue to explore I suppose. If you call GS remember to document any answers by noting the time/date/CM b/c this sounds like a question you're likely to get multiple replies on. If it didn't work, you'd be no worse off as you could still upgrade the kids' passes for the additional days you needed without the FL discount...