Lunch at the Rose and Crown

We decided to just walk up an see if we could get a table at the R&C for a late lunch. The wate was 15-20 minutes not to bad so we got our buzzer and walked around the UK . We were seated in about 20 minutes and our server was there right away to get our drink order. I had a Black and Tan and my wife had s coke. We started out with a appatiser plate of cheeses from the UK. Not Avery large serving but the three cheeses a garlic/chive a Irish cheddar and a bleu of some sort were all very good. Each cheese was served with an accompanying side candied nuts with the bleu, dill pickles for the g&c, and onions with the cheddar. For our meal I ordered the Plowmans Lunch and my wife the Fish and Chips. The fish was haddock and was very good it was sutch a large pece that my wife could not finish it so I helped out .the chips aka steak fries were what you would expect of fries. My plate on the other hand left a lot to be desired. The Plowmans Dinner was taken off the menu several years ago and was brought back some time ago. It is a cold plate served with ham a grilled chicken breast mixed greens and cheeses. The ham was just your average ham steak from any supper market, the chicken was grilled but in seasoned just grilled, the mixed greens were a handfull of watercress and other greenery with no dressing, and the cheese was not the wonderful artisan cheeses we had to start with but was a white and yellow domestic mild cheddar . I was rather disappointed in my meal because I had ordered this in the past and had a better experience with it. It was not bad I just won't order it again unless it is brought back to what it was befor more variety and better quality. All and all our experience was good our server was wonderful and the food was pretty good. We will eat here again I am sure I just want get the plowman again.

Incontinence maybe? Poor fairy.

We too were unimpressed with the offerings on the menu in June of 2012. The fish and chips were good and the scotch egg was good but everything else was pretty yucky.