So I know from the website the forts address is 4510 North fort wilderness trail, Lake buena Vista, FL. GPS is unable to find this but can find the same address for Orlando. it brings us in 95 south to exit 260b onto 4 west. Follow 4 west to exit 68 to state road 535 N towards Kissimmee. left on winter garden Vineland rd, left on vista blvd then right on fort wilderness trail. Does this sound right and is this route ok for a 22 ft pickup towing a 30 ft travel travel trailer? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

ok thanks. We are looking to be arriving on a sat late morning or early afternoon. Our plan is to leave central NC on fri morning the week of our trip and then overnite somewhere near Jacksonville/kingsland GA areas. That way it is an easy hop there on sat.

Try Jacksonville North KOA. Just off 95 at exit 1 in Georgia. That's our normal stopping place. Easy off/on 95. We'll be pulling in there the evening of the 23rd (Sunday) then on to the fort Monday morning. About 3.5 hours from there to the fort, depending on traffic.

I think we brought our Queen Mary in that way and did OK.  :top-points-smiley:  Quite frankly, for us the only danger is for the CM at the guard shack.  We almost took him out one time.  Sometimes you're just so excited to be at the fort, but way too tired, and you forget how much a fifth-wheel cuts inside the the tow vehicle when turning.  Anyway, we no longer trust either of our two GPSs, so when we get on I-4, we just travel through Orlando and follow the signs.  It's a little longer ride, though.  For me, it's just part of the story line. David