Going big!! In March of this year, I decided I was tired of being overweight and unhealthy and decided it was time to get fit and get healthy. I started searching for the biggest motivator I could think of...and, of course, This was a no-brainer!

On January 10, 2014, I (along with my sister and kids) will be running the Disney World 10 K for the ASPCA.

This is our dog, Jester.

9f9da5d507d9f23cb9e5bbf8751f021f.jpg

He is a rescue. He was used as a bait dog up until two years of age. Thanks to the efforts of organizations such as the ASPCA, Jester's life was saved, and we were fortunate enough to adopt him. Jester has a permanently broken tail, scars around his neck from the chain that once anchored him in place, and frequent seizures. (Possibly related to head trauma as a puppy). After intense training to trust and accept people, Jester is now a happy member of our family. Despite his awful past, he looks at us with eager eyes, "Wanna play? Go for a walk? Snuggle?"

Help us, help animals (like Jester). Support us by making a donation to help fight animal cruelty, homelessness and neglect.

http://www.teamaspca.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=2554

As a beginning runner, this is HUGE for me. Every Couch to 10K session is a struggle for me. Any advice, encouragement, comic relief is welcome!

Thanks for reading. :)

Deb

This is what my daughter and son-in-law did. They started working out in January 2012 with the initial goal of running the Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest 5K. It was an obstacle course/scavenger hunt. They had so much fun they signed up for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland January 2013. They went from sedentary and overweight to half marathon with a total of 150 pounds lost between them in one year. They need the carrot in front of them to keep motivated. It's working for them.

Congratulations, good luck, and have fun!

This is what my daughter and son-in-law did. They started working out in January 2012 with the initial goal of running the Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest 5K. It was an obstacle course/scavenger hunt. They had so much fun they signed up for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland January 2013. They went from sedentary and overweight to half marathon with a total of 150 pounds lost between them in one year. They need the carrot in front of them to keep motivated. It's working for them.

Congratulations, good luck, and have fun!

Glad to hear this crazy plan works! I haven't seen a shred of weight leave me yet, but I am feeling better about my cardio. 150 pounds is amazing!! I am excited to hear I could see weight loss too. Maybe, a half marathon isn't too far fetched after this...

Hmmm.... :yay:

How sad about the first two years of Jester's life. How wonderful that he was given a second chance.