I joined Passport America for a year and found the $44 investment saved me money.  I was on the road for two months and during that time I stayed in enough of the places to pay for my membership many times over.  However,  It does depend on what you are looking for.  They have some very nice campgrounds as members but you have to be traveling near them to take advantage.  Most of the time I used their listings as one night stop overs and not as destinations.  The quality is inconsistent and there are many exceptions.  If the Fort was a passport destination I would never leave.  I did not renew my membership and found that I have been staying at a better class of campground but spending more money for each stay.  The wife is a happier camper and that is a great stress reducer in itself.  Those timeshare camping resorts don't make any sense to me because my travels take me to many destinations and not just one.

We are Escapees Club Members.  We have been since hitting the road over two years ago.  We mostly joined for their mail service but the recieve discounts on campgrounds.  Most of the discounts you find are dependent on the campgrounds policies.  Since we usually stay at least a week, most of the discounts were only for the first few days and the week rate was better.  Every so often you would find a campground that would let you use the discounts for more than a day or two.

Escapees beauty is in it's Park System and mail service.  They have Rainbow Parks and Co-Ops.  The Rainbow parks are corporate owned and allow anyone to stay (cheaper for members) while the Co-Ops are privately owned and you must be an Escapee Member to use them.  The quality does vary from park to park but the price rocks.  Down side is that you can only find this park in certain places (West, Southwest, South, Florida).  They also have non-club discounts with many RV parks.

We have Good Same & their Road Side service.  I can't say enough about their roadside service.  We have had to use it several times for tire issues.  They also have a campground discount.  It's along same lines as Passport American and Escapees.  If you carry multiple discounts often you can get the best deal available.

We'll second third the Good Sam & Road Service memberships.  Had to have MoHo pulled out of the mud in Bristol, TN.  The going rate was $450, all I did was sign the ticket.

Other things with Good Sam:

Great RV finance rates. (Tax write off) :clint:

Discounts at Camping World

RV trip routing

Of course discount camping rates 

We have Good Sam also.  We have needed their services several times and they always come through.  The Discounts are nice too.

We also belong to the KOA club since we do camp at KOA's from time to time.    :mh1:  :camp1:

We also have Good Sam and KOA. We spent two weeks on the road this summer and being able to reserve sites online was a great relief. Our discounts with both paid themselves off with just a few weeks of travels. We also have AAA but I don't know if we will renew that.