Turn left out of the fort and go all the way til it dead ends. Take a right at the light and follow it to 535. You'll see the Ale House and a 7-11 on the left. Continue straight on that road. Not sure if it's Turkey Lake Road there but it turns into TLR at some point. Once you see US/IOA you'll see entrance signs. Keeps you off I-4.

Stackmasters directions are correct. The road is Palm Parkway which turns into Turkey Lake. There's a whole new world out there when you turn left leaving the Fort. I would suggest you bring up Google maps and check out the roadways at WDW itself and the surrounding areas. You can save a lot of time and mileage using the back roads. Watch out for the traffic on 535 just above and below I-4 it can really back up.

Is Turkey lake road the one that runs parallel to I-4? We hired a town-car to take us from Universal to DTD and I think that's the way we went. If so it took us about 30 minutes and that was with traffic.

Tip of the day. It is cheaper to hire a town-car than a taxi during heavy traffic times. Taxis charge by the mile and time in the cab. Town-cars charge a flat rate.