Welcome to FF.  You live in a part of the country that was made for Pop ups.  I've owned two.  I think they are quieter than tents because you are off the ground and do not hear every foot fall in camp when youare trying to sleep.  The A/C also drowns out more noise.  Winds are less of a problem in a pop up.  The only time I had an issue with winds was when a very strong gust lifted up one of the extended beds off of the support rods and it fell down a few inches.  Just lifted it back and place. 

I owned the smallest unit coleman made and the largest. You should be able to tow a small to medium sized unit but read your manual.  Your vehicles towing capacity should be compared with the weight of the unit and all the stuff in it. 

When looking for a used pop up you must use all of your senses.

Ask the owner to set it up for you while you are there.  You need to see how easy it is for you to do that, or not.

Look at all of the canvas inside and out for any little black mold spots.  It is not dirt.

Smell the unit.  If it smells moldy walk away.  The only smell I would accept is the smell of coffee.

If you see anything that does not work do not accept the owners cost estimate to repair.  What ever he/she says just triple it to be safe.  If it is so easy to fix why didn't he fix it.

Have the owner lift a wheel off the ground to see how easily it spins.  Any noise or grinding sounds should send off alarm bells.

Determine if the unit was stored in a garage or out in the open.  Both of my pop ups were stored in a garage and looked and smelled new when I sold them 5 years latter.

You will find people on other web sites who will bad mouth KOA's,  I'm not one of them.  They are not cheap but they are in the hospitality business.  I've stayed in far to many camp grounds that were in the temporary/migratory housing business if you know what I mean.

Welcome.  :welcome2: You will love this crazy group....or not.  LOL  :jumpforjoy    They are great people who are always willing to help out a fellow fiend.  Looking forward to hearing lots more from you.  If you are at the Fort during December, look us up.