Celebrating St. Patrick's Day at Walt Disney World

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Get Ready for St. Pat?s at Walt Disney World

posted on March 7th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Take your pick: learn how to cook authentic Irish or just sit back, relax and savor some of the best Irish food this side of the pond. Chef Kevin Dundon is in the house at Raglan Road for an exclusive luncheon and culinary ?master class? on March 14, then a Tables in Wonderland signature dinner on March 15, part of Raglan Road?s weeklong St. Patrick?s Day Celtic celebrations.

Chef Kevin Dundon at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant

Lunch celebrates the launch of Chef Dundon?s new cookbook, ?Recipes That Work,? and he?ll prepare some of his favorite recipes during the four-course meal: cappuccino of Colcannon soup; poached pear and Cashel blue cheese salad, and line-caught Atlantic cod pan fried with a tomato vinaigrette sauce. Dessert is inspired by high tea at Dunbrody Country House, his place in Ireland, with ?Kevin-made? petit fours, coffee and tea.

Dinner on March 15 is a 5-course, contemporary study of Irish cuisine with Chef Dundon, who will start the evening with an intro to his philosophy on food. Each dish is artfully paired with a delicious wine, starting with ham hock terrine, crisp pork belly and quenelle of potato; next is cream of garden pea and fresh mint soup; oven-baked George?s Bank scallop and puff pastry tart; pan-seared sole with an Irish seaweed salsa or roast rack of lamb in Irish consomm?, and Baked Alaska, and Irish coffee and cupcakes. Then, anyone up for a little Irish dancin?? Lunch starts at 2 p.m. on March 14. Cost is $55 plus tax and gratuity and includes a gift bag. Book by calling Lorraine at 407-938-0300.

Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. on March 15. To make a reservation, you must be a member of Disney?s Tables in Wonderland. E-mail [email protected] with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a first-come, first-served basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 60 guests. Cost is $145 plus tax, gratuity included, and includes a signed copy of ?Recipes That Work.?

Sl?inte!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/get-ready-for-st-pats-at-walt-disney-world/

More St. Patrick's Day festivities at Disney World...

Irish Merriment and Dance on Tap at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney

posted on March 9th, 2011 by Michelle Baumann, Walt Disney World Public Relations

Being an Irish gal, one of my favorite days is just around the corner ? St. Patty?s Day. So I was psyched to see that Raglan Road is hosting a pre-party to St. Patrick?s Day.

Dancers at Raglan Road (Photograph by Diana Zalucky)

On Sunday, March 13, Raglan Road will host a ceili, which is a fancy way to say a big Irish party with music and dance. It is actually one of Ireland?s oldest traditions and will showcase a variety of step dances like the popular Riverdance, the Walls of Limerick, the Waves of Troy and more. The ceili dances are typically danced to Irish instruments such as the Irish hand drum or harp. The fun starts at 2 p.m. at Downtown Disney and families are welcome.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/irish-merriment-and-dance-on-tap-at-raglan-road-at-downtown-disney/

Well I am making a surprise, spur-of-the-moment trip to Epcot to celebrate St. Patrick's Day IrishSmileyDance.gif  I was supposed to have one of my brothers and my sister over for the day, but changed our plans last minute.  Now we're going to spend the day together and also have DS22, maybe DD22, and nephew/wife/2 kids, with us  :welcome2:  Now I just need to find a green shirt to wear!!