I second Gary. He is a little strange, but he did fix our problem.

We had an issue with the water heater that plagued us since we bought the unit. The thermostat kept burning out. Called him and he had it fixed in 10 mins and we have not had a problem since (bout a year now). He only charged us the cost of the part ($35) and a $10 service charge.

He's here now. It appears there is a short in our 12v system. Ed and Gary were in the phone with tiffin. If we can't get our slide outs in my husband might be the newest resident at the Fort.

JamieN,

Not to be accused of stealing your thread, but are you a member over at the Tiffin Forums (Tiffin Rv Network)?  Except for their lack of knowledge of the Fort, a great group of folks and lots of information on Tiffin products.

We have attended a couple of their rallys and they are great!!

We are. Ed posted on there last night when the lights first went out.

Right now we are stuck here as the jacks won't come up, the passenger side slide outs won't come in and our awnings are out. Swing by site 316 and say hi, my husband might be living here for a while. :lol:

Love to stop by, but we left the Fort a few weeks ago. Hope you get it figured out. There are a few guys over on the Tiffin boards who really know their stuff. Hope someone comes through.
  • 2 weeks later...

We got home. :lol: Actually Hary did come out when we thought it was just a fuse, but then he thought there was a short somewhere in the system and wasn't able to fix it. That left us with our awnings out, jacks down and slides out. After another jerk of an RV repair man bailed on us at the last minute (and I wish I remembered his name to tell you to stay far away from his biz) we ended up calling coachnet since it appeared to be a bigger problem than a fuse. We were able to get an experienced RV repairman out on Friday and within 20 minutes he know the problem and fixed it. Apparently a conncetor had come loose and burn out as a result, the guy removed the connector and hooked the wires together directly and we were good to go.

All's well that ends well.  I had a problem with my previous MH at River Plantation in TN last summer, but my jacks would not come down and the slide would not go out.  Coincidentally my step would not hold position.  We lived with it until we got home and found out the hydraulic system had gone south and the step bracket had broken.  Along with a few other problems, we spent almost $5000 fixing it so we could sell it to an unsuspecting (not really) daughter.  Our newer one has electric slides and a step that works.

We got home. :)) Actually Hary did come out when we thought it was just a fuse, but then he thought there was a short somewhere in the system and wasn't able to fix it. That left us with our awnings out, jacks down and slides out. After another jerk of an RV repair man bailed on us at the last minute (and I wish I remembered his name to tell you to stay far away from his biz) we ended up calling coachnet since it appeared to be a bigger problem than a fuse. We were able to get an experienced RV repairman out on Friday and within 20 minutes he know the problem and fixed it. Apparently a conncetor had come loose and burn out as a result, the guy removed the connector and hooked the wires together directly and we were good to go.

Make sure the "connector" wasn't an inline fuse.  If it was you need to get the circuit checked to find out why the fuse burnt.