Help Design My Route - Suggestions Welcome!

Because I am lazy, I have no idea where to start, and I don't want to end up boondocking at Walmart again. (Yes, again.)

A few details:

• Trip is November 22 - December 7 (November 29-December 5 at the Fort)
  • Tagging along with be our two DD, ages 6 and 5, our DS who will be 15 months, and my 12 year old sister in law. We're a full house, er...pop-up camper.
  • We're leaving from Southern Wisconsin
  • We like quiet campsites and don't need any bells and whistles besides a flush toilet. (Although not opposed to it, either)
  • We like to hike and see historic stuff

Besides that, we'd probably like to go to the beach at some point and don't want to move the camper around much. A day trip to NASA would be good, too.

I'll start this out with an easy question...has anyone found any amazing, can't miss camping experiences on the drive down?

Thank you!  That's a good tip about getting far south. I wasn't sure what the weather would be like in the area, as I've never been in TN or GA in November/December.  I was in Florida (for a Disney Cruise) in mid-December a few years ago, and it was swimming weather, but I know even that can change.

Two days for NASA...maybe we'll try to find a campground around Cocoa Beach?

Thanks, Jeff, I'll do that!  I should probably get a sign for our set-up, too. We'll be staying over in the full-hook up section.

To keep this request as up to date as possible, I'll say that I did decide that we'll need to put in some time at Anastasia State Park near St. Augustine. No idea how long we'll stay there, but the sites look nice and private and there seems to be so much to do in the area.

The husband wants to stay at a few campgrounds though (so we experience more things), so I still will need to find at least one more place, possibly two. I definitely need one between Indianapolis and St. Augustine because we don't want to haul the camper any longer than 7-8 hours in a day. We have a heater in the pup, so the cold doesn't bother me at camp, but I definitely want to avoid snow/ice if I can because we plan to hike, and we have little ones.

We've decided our route!  For those who may be interested (or planning a similar trip), we are planning the following:

First campsite: 
Mama Gertie's near Asheville, NC
We're going to stay three nights while we take in the sites around Asheville.

Second campsite:
Anastasia State Park near St. Augustine, FL
We'll be camping here four nights

Hotel:
Cocoa Beach for NASA touring
One night (although we'll have two full days of touring)

Campsite four:
The FORT! :) :) :)