...if you were trying tto make rope drop?

I am trying to make the most of our one park day, so i would like to be at Epcot at Rope Drop.  If you would drive, about how long before Rope Drop would you leave the campground to allow time for driving, parking, getting to the park, and getting tickets?

Thanks for all your help!  :D

I would drive if that's your only day, and your set on rope drop. In January we left way early to go to the studios, and there was an accident that forced our bus to go the long way around which made us about 20 minutes later than expected. We weren't in a hurry so no biggie, but ya never know!

We always drive to EPCOT, AK and DHS and sometimes MK, especially if you want to make rope drop.  I leave the campground 45 - 60 minutes before rope drop and thats with tickets in hand (you will want to leave sooner if you have to get tickets.)    EPCOT is a pretty good walk from the parking lot, then you have to go through bag check if you are carrying anything, then line up at the turnstiles.  They will open those gates 10 - 15 minutes before rope drop and stop you again between Innoventions for the pre-rope drop show.  If you are right on the rope you will get to shake the characters hands - it is a nice start to the day. 

When doing a full day at Epcot, we usually take the car there for line drop, & take the bus back to FW for our afternoon break. When they close at night, our car is close by, rather than waiting in the que lines for the buses to show up.

Here's my tip for the entry line at Epcot. Go to the far left turnstile marked 'Princess Breakfast' or something like that. Check with the CM there to make sure that this set of turnstiles will change to regular entrance at opening. Then stand off to the side so those that do have breakfast ressies can get through. At opening, they usually will keep only the one turnstile reserved for the breakfast people, but the other 2 (or 3?) will be regular entry.

It is kind of fun watching the expressions on peoples faces when you walk right past the longer lines, stretching past the ticket booths, and up to the Princess line & just stand there. Most have the expression of 'Look at those idiots, don't they know they have to be in one of these lines to get in !?', and a few you can tell are thinking, "Do they know something we don't?'

:banana:

When doing a full day at Epcot, we usually take the car there for line drop, & take the bus back to FW for our afternoon break. When they close at night, our car is close by, rather than waiting in the que lines for the buses to show up.

Here's my tip for the entry line at Epcot. Go to the far left turnstile marked 'Princess Breakfast' or something like that. Check with the CM there to make sure that this set of turnstiles will change to regular entrance at opening. Then stand off to the side so those that do have breakfast ressies can get through. At opening, they usually will keep only the one turnstile reserved for the breakfast people, but the other 2 (or 3?) will be regular entry.

It is kind of fun watching the expressions on peoples faces when you walk right past the longer lines, stretching past the ticket booths, and up to the Princess line & just stand there. Most have the expression of 'Look at those idiots, don't they know they have to be in one of these lines to get in !?', and a few you can tell are thinking, "Do they know something we don't?'

:banana:

Suh-weeeeeeeet!!

;)

Reason # 632 I LOVE!! FF.net!  :banana: :banana:

Thank you!

We hardly ever take the buses anywhere. (Sorry, Lou)

No apology required. I never take the buses either, unless it's more convenient or quicker than driving. Too many of the drivers don't know how to step on the gas pedal. I don't have that problem. 

There is no question that in most instances, it's faster and more convenient to drive yourself. Buses can't and by no means attempt to compete with driving. Buses are for people that either don't have a car or aren't concerned about time.

It sounds like you would be better off driving.

Too many of the drivers don't know how to step on the gas pedal. I don't have that problem. 

We had a bus driver that surely knew how to step on the gas, my poor Mama was nervous! She introduced herself and we understood why she drove like she did, her name was Camille. (the hurricane that devastated Biloxi, Mississippi) She was actually really sweet and talked the whole trip!

I like to just get on the bus and chill,.....but I am not a high powered lets go till we have nothing left to give....my kids are too young for that!

There are quite a few people that feel the way you do.

I guess I am the oddball.  Once I get to the fort I park the Jeep and always use the buses.  I figure when I am on vacation it is time to relax.  Driving is not relaxing to me.  I'd rather let someone else do it.

Driving yourself around WDW is not for everyone.

If you know when to use the buses, the difference between driving and taking the bus may not be that big a difference. When you factor in the time for parking, walking and taking the tram, the time saved is less. If you do use the buses, just stay away from peak times.

You always read that there are no resort to resort buses, but during the Christmas season is when I do use the buses to go from resort to resort quickly. This works only if you know the hidden bus routes. 

We had a bus driver that surely knew how to step on the gas, my poor Mama was nervous! She was actually really sweet and talked the whole trip!

It's rare that a female bus driver has a heavy foot.

Talking to guests while the bus is in motion is a no no.

Most of the buses have the microphones disabled. Once in a while I'll get one that works and watch out. But only when I'm stopped of course.

• 2 weeks later...