The Wonders of Life Pavillion - Does anyone really understand the reasoning?

I had always greatly enjoyed the Wonders of Life pavillion at Epcot, but I don't really understand its downfall. I know they lost their sponsorship with MET Life, but it seems they could find either another sponsor or just open it up & run it.

To me WOL is great in that it is a fun learning experience with Cranium Command and Body Wars. I even appreciated the 'Making of Me' film with Martin Short. It was a great way to give a lesson on the basic facts of life to your younger kids.

And, according to Disney, it is open seasonally. Which season, no one knows. I have been down any times during the busiest seasons over the years since it closed, but I have not seen it open.

Has anyone seen it open (other than for the Flower & Garden Festival or similar) ?

Does anyone know, for sure, what Disney's plans for it are?

I loved the Wonders of Life and Body Wars! We were there once when they were all open, including Cranium Command. I think it was December of 2006. I know that Body Wars really needed to have some refurbishment, it was rough! At one time they had Carousel of Progress open seasonally too, but it was always open when I went. I don't know what their plans are, but I wish they would refurbish it!

My guess is just like its long lost neighbor "Horizons" Disney doesn't know what to do with it and will let the bean-counters make all the decisions rather than the people who care about the "show".

My bet is that it will be replaced by another thrill ride in the quest to make Epcot less and less like Epcot and more like every other theme park.....

Just like Horizons.

:banana: :rofl2: :rofl2: :( :(