FYI Grad Nite Dates 2011

Announced today:

The Walt Disney Company recognizes that Grad Nite has become a rite of passage for high school seniors and are proud to have hosted this special event for 39 years. Given changing business dynamics and a desire to provide graduates more flexibility in celebrating at WDW, this year?s Disney?s Grad Nite will be the last at the Walt Disney World Resort.

By Dewayne Bevil, Orlando Sentinel

This spring will see the last Grad Nite celebrations at Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World announced Wednesday.

Disney World says the increase in theme park attendance in the spring has made scheduling the after-hours, separate-ticket event for high school seniors increasingly difficult. As an alternative, Disney will offer Florida school groups a special one-day, one-park ticket for $55 valid any time during the year.

Full Article

• 2 weeks later...

I so want to bring my high school Senior to one the grad nights but I am not sure an 18-20 hour drive makes it worth while!

If I'm not mistaken, Grad Nite is only open to Florida high school seniors. Disney schedules particular schools on particular nights.  It's not open to seniors from just anywhere.  So you're right. The drive would not be worth it!

Well...once again I stand corrected.  Back in the 90's, it was limited to Florida high schools only.  Now, everyone gets to join in the fun!!  ;D

Actually, as far back as the late 70's & early 80's when I went every year as a chaperon it was for schools nationwide.  In the chaperon center we used to have a contest for the school that traveled the farthest distance.  A couple of years I went it was won by schools from Alaska.

Well...once again I stand corrected.  Back in the 90's, it was limited to Florida high schools only.  Now, everyone gets to join in the fun!!  ???

Actually, as far back as the late 70's & early 80's when I went every year as a chaperon it was for schools nationwide.  In the chaperon center we used to have a contest for the school that traveled the farthest distance.  A couple of years I went it was won by schools from Alaska.

Well,,,, that just goes to show you what I know!!  :jumpforjoy