Try this chef.gif

Tortilla Soup

1 can chicken broth

1 can Del Monte petite cut tomatoes with zest jalepenas

1 small can tomato sauce

1 can black beans (rinsed)

1 can Green Giant niblets ( the vacuum packed )

1 whole chicken breast cooked and cubed

chili powder, salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in the crock pot on low

Serve with shredded Mexican blend or Fiesta blend cheese and tortilla chips. We like Tostitos Scoops

To make a larger batch just double everything.

I encourage you to keep your crockpot on a picnic table out of the trailer.  This not only keeps unpleasant cooking odors out of the camper, but allows me to sample it while you are at the parks.  This is a free service I provide at the Fort.  Don't worry about untensils, I carry my own spoon.

I dont remember which one of the brilliant fiends told me this last year, but they recommended placing a crate over the pot when left unattended.  I did this last year with no issues, the critters at the fort really are rather intuitive little guys...

I will admit the crates fooled me at first, but I have figured this trick out.

I dont remember which one of the brilliant fiends told me this last year, but they recommended placing a crate over the pot when left unattended.  I did this last year with no issues, the critters at the fort really are rather intuitive little guys...

:dance: :rofl2:Silly Fiend!

I have the Hamilton Beach "Stay or Go" model. The lid actually locks onto the base, making it harder for the critters to open the lid (but I am sure ftwildernessguy has mastered the technique! :rofl2:). The pot is oval in shape. One reminder is to do NOT forget the liners. They are a godsend and make clean up a snap!.

One of our favorite crock-pot recipes is  super easy. Before our trip I wash some small red-potatoes (skin on) and some of the small, pre-washed carrots. I keep these in the fridge in a zip-lock bag until needed. On the morning of the meal I pour the carrots and potatoes into the crock pot, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup as well as 1 package of dry onion soup mix. It will make a nice goop! Then place a 3-4 lb chuck roast on top (but smear as much goop onto the meat as you can). Place the lid on and, presto, that night you have a delicious pot roast dinner. My family swears it tastes the same as the one at Cracker Barrel and they love it! Enjoy! :dance:

:banana: :dance:Silly Fiend!

:rofl2: You think he's kidding!  Hell, he used to blame the Peacocks.  Now that they're gone he's taken to blamin the Coons and Otters. :dance:

My family calls me the Queen of Crock Pots  :rofl2:  I have several in different sizes and usually have two packed in the camper.  It depends on what I am cooking as to rather the pot is outside or in.  On our last fall trip, probably over half the campsites had crockpots sitting picnic tables...all around the campground you could smell campfires and chili.

There is a good crokpot exchange group on Facebook that I belong to. They have some good recipies there.

I never took it when we tent camped, though I don't know why. I always pack one in the trailer. It is a Godsend on days when we are busy, and I don't have time to tend a fire for most of the afternoon to cook on it.

Two of our favorite recipes are:

Pulled Pork

Pork loin

dry soup mix poured over the pork

little bit of water in the bottom

cook on low 8-10 hours

pull it apart and add your favorite bbq sauce.

Serve on rolls with a salad

Italian beef

Roast

sliced green peppers

sliced onions

italian seasonings

beef stock

Cook on low 8-10 hours.

Shred and serve on rolls with a salad.

Both can be made ahead, froze and then then tossed in the crock pot to reheat if you like.