Looking at the map  (Shanta's Google Earth, expanded), it looks like you can take a boat from HS without going through security to Boardwalk.  Then you could also walk to World Showcase in EPCOT, also without going through security?  Am I right?  Has anyone done this, not necessarily regarding the security issue, but regarding the path you could take?  In all our years from the Fort, we have never taken the EPCOT to Boardwalk path, but plan to do it this year.  We took a boat once to BW, but not sure where we started or wound up.  Also are these boats still wheelchair accessible?  

Looking at the map  (Shanta's Google Earth, expanded), it looks like you can take a boat from HS without going through security to Boardwalk.  Then you could also walk to World Showcase in EPCOT, also without going through security?  Am I right?  Has anyone done this, not necessarily regarding the security issue, but regarding the path you could take?  In all our years from the Fort, we have never taken the EPCOT to Boardwalk path, but plan to do it this year.  We took a boat once to BW, but not sure where we started or wound up.  Also are these boats still wheelchair accessible?  

Yes, there is no bag check for the DHS to Epcot boat.

You board at DHS, and it makes stops at the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk before proceeding to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot.  You can exit or board at any of those stops, and there are walkways from all of them to Epcot and DHS if you want to walk all or part of the route.

There is a bag check at the International Gateway if you are going to enter Epcot.

The boats haven't changed in all the years I've been visiting WDW- they are big boats and wheelchairs and scooters are rolled right on.

TCD