Passholder discounts on cabins through April 16

Posted on MousePlanet...

Passholder discounts now available through mid-April

Passholders can save 32 to 42 percent off their room rates for stays at Walt Disney World for most nights February 6 ? April 16, 2011.

* Value resorts ? 32 percent off

* Moderate resorts, including Fort Wilderness Cabins ? 35 percent off

* Deluxe Resorts ? 32-42 percent off

(Note: Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort are 32 percent off)

* Deluxe Villa Resorts ? 42 percent off

You can book the deal from now through your day of arrival, through the rooms may go fast. The number of rooms available at these rates is limited. Suites and 3-bedroom Grand Villas are not included. An adult passholder must show their pass at check-in. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

Reservations may be booked through the Walt Disney World Web site, by calling Walt Disney World at 407-939-7939, or your travel agent and using booking code AU6. MousePlanet?s preferred Disney travel providers are MouseEarVacations.com and Small World Vacations.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9566/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

Kinda related

Disney: Pricing levels yet to recover 

Orlando Sentinel - March 14, 2011

By Jason Garcia and Sara K. Clarke, Staff Writers

Ever since the Walt Disney Co. began aggressively discounting to keep its theme parks full during the global recession, analysts have been wondering how long it will take Disney to return to full pricing.

Although Walt Disney Parks and Resorts recently posted its first quarterly profit in more than two years, Disney acknowledged last week that its pricing levels haven't recovered yet. "We're not fully back to where we might have been pre-downturn," Disney Co. Chief Financial Officer Jay Rasulo told analysts at a conference organized by Deutsche Bank.

Still, Disney has been slowly reducing the size of its discounts for months now, and Rasulo said he isn't concerned that the company will be able to return to pre-recession prices."We're on the trajectory to get back," he said.

Although Walt Disney Parks and Resorts recently posted its first quarterly profit in more than two years,

Are they actually trying to say the disney parks haven't turned a profit in 2 years? Does anyone anyone else find that impossible to believe?
Are they actually trying to say the disney parks haven't turned a profit in 2 years?

According to everything I've read and  heard, that's what they're saying. Actually it's been 2-1/2 years since the parks & resorts have posted a profit.

It's not been so gloomy for the Walt Disney Co. as a whole though.    bus.gif

Are they actually trying to say the disney parks haven't turned a profit in 2 years?

According to everything I've read and  heard, that's what they're saying. Actually it's been 2-1/2 years since the parks & resorts have posted a profit.

It's not been so gloomy for the Walt Disney Co. as a whole though.    bus.gif

Hate to disagree with ya Lou...but according to their financials for the past two years parks and resorts posted NET profits of around

a Billion and a half for 2009 and 2010.

Hate to disagree with ya Lou...but according to their financials for the past two years parks and resorts posted NET profits of around a Billion and a half for 2009 and 2010.

You're not disagreeing with me. What I posted was part of an article that was posted in the Orlando Sentinel.

You can follow the link below for the full article.

Do you have a link to where you found your info?

If the Parks & Resorts made a profit of 1-1/2 billion the last 2 years, why would they write that story?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-tourism-0314-20110313,0,5671575.story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-earnings-20110208,0,7426349.story

Hate to disagree with ya Lou...but according to their financials for the past two years parks and resorts posted NET profits of around a Billion and a half for 2009 and 2010.

You're not disagreeing with me. What I posted was part of an article that was posted in the Orlando Sentinel.

You can follow the link below for the full article.

Do you have a link to where you found your info?

If the Parks & Resorts made a profit of 1-1/2 billion the last 2 years, why would they write that story?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-tourism-0314-20110313,0,5671575.story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-earnings-20110208,0,7426349.story

Lou, the Disney financial reports are found here....http://corporate.disney.go.com/investors/annual_reports.html

I think I see where the confusion lies....from your first link (Emphasis mine)

"An earlier version of this story mischaracterized the most recent quarterly financial results for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. The results marked the first quarterly profit growth for the division in more than two years.'

and

"Although Walt Disney Parks and Resorts recently posted its first quarterly profit growth in more than two years, Disney acknowledged last week that its pricing levels haven't recovered yet."

Now from what I've read Hong Kong actually lost money.  I also remember reading that Euro Disney and DVC were under performing as well...but I don't know if they actually lost money.

Oh you mean this little change. Hey it's only one word. Words don't mean anything do they.

I guess Mr Jason Garcia and Ms Sara K. Clarke need fact checkers.

I like how they explained it. It was mischaracterized.

The word around WDW is that they haven't made any money in 2-1/2 years, so no pay increases.

Original Orlando Sentinel article

Although Walt Disney Parks and Resorts recently posted its first quarterly profit in more than two years,

Revised article

Although Walt Disney Parks and Resorts recently posted its first quarterly profit growth in more than two years,