The other thread mentioning BBQ made me go look to see if there were any reviews on The Smokehouse, which is the counter service location that opened earlier this year at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney's West Side.  I found one on the Disney Food Blog, but would love to hear from any Fiends that have been here too...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/01/21/news-and-review-the-smokehouse-at-house-of-blues-opens-in-downtown-disney/

Some excerpts...

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-77-600x600

The building

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-courtyard-

Courtyard seating

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-Menu-3-357

The Smokehouse Menu

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-Beef-Brisk

Smoked Beef Brisket Sandwich with House-made Cole Slaw

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-Beef-Brisk

Brisket close-up

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-ribs-12-60

St. Louis Ribs – Half Rack

House-of-Blues-The-Smokehouse-Smoked-Tur

Smoked Turkey Leg

If you want good BBQ go to 4 Rivers smokehouse.  None are close to the Fort, but you can get it to go.

https://4rsmokehouse.com/

We went to a book fair and met the owner who was selling his cookbook.  He was a down to earth guy with strong Christian morals. He started the business by cooking for a fundraiser for a young girl, and things just ballooned from there.

They are closed on Sundays so the employees can spend time with their families ala Chik Fil A

I found this from November 2013...

wildernesslodgebackalley.jpg

Above the trees is a theme park view, but below them it's a back service alley.  LOL.  I wasn't bothered by the trucks, and it wasn't too noisy, but it's good to know.  And look at that little house: it had a sign saying 'Blazing Oaks Smokehouse.'  I guess they smoke meats for the restaurants there?  Maybe?

http://www.apinchofpixiedust.com/2013/11/wilderness-lodge-room-review-and-magic.html

Very Good jog BradyBzLyn...Mo I  don't think they use it anymore becuase the  food at the lodge taste just like the food you get anywhere. I remember opening week at the lodge the smoked meat was great not like it is today.

...I  don't think they use it anymore becuase the  food at the lodge taste just like the food you get anywhere. I remember opening week at the lodge the smoked meat was great not like it is today.

It's a shame they don't use it and I agree, the BBQ on property tastes pretty much the same everywhere.  Haven't tried House of Blues yet though - supposedly they have an actual smoker there.

• 1 month later...