I know a lot of Fiends have camped at Stone Mountain. We did visit the GG for the day, but my memory is fuzzy. 

We're camping there Oct. 10-12 for EGGtoberfest, a Big Green Egg festival. It's at the Yellow Daisy lot. I'm assuming we'll need to drive over there, right? 

Also, what's the best way to get to the laser show? The festival ends at 5:00, so we were thinking we'd take Z to that.

Do we pay the entrance fee in addition to the campsite? 

Thanks in advance! I promise to write up a little TR that includes TONS of pood forn. 

You do have to pay the $10 parking fee even when camping, but once you get into the campground you get a pass to go in and out as much as you want.  To see the laser show, you do not have to pay the park entrance. You can even wander around the park and shop without paying for the ride pass. You just can't ride any of the attractions, train, or skylift.  You can buy individual tickets to a couple of things, or as campers, buy a two day pass.

For the laser, show, Here is what I did a couple of years ago. I drove over to the park early in the day, then took the bus back to the campground. That got me close up front parking. Then we took the bus from the campground back to the laser show. Then made a quick exit to the truck and back over to the campground.