So, my 90 day mark is coming up on October 18, and I have the ability to check in online.  Is there a real benefit to that? I am renting a TT and the rules have changed drastically since our last visit in 2012.  I am wondering if online check in could have a positive impact to that process now.

If I check in online, will I be more apt to request a site?  Or does that even matter?  Will I ONLY be able to know what my site number is the day that I arrive?

I'm not sure it really matters, and reviews here have been mixed.

We've done online check-in the past 2-3 years and in my experience the check-in process has been much faster - 5-10 minutes tops.

It didn't seem to impact our ability to request sites or get what we requested.

I'm inclined to say it won't hurt, and it takes almost no time, might as well do it.  :)

Site number assignments are generally not given out until you check in at the Fort, however I have heard some reports recently that people were told ahead of time.

I personally like online check in. We sat at check-in less than 5 minutes once we got to the window. No matter whether you do on-line or not you won't know the site number until you get here and if your sites not ready when you arrive they will only tell you the loop.

It may speed up the process once you get to the window, BUT with the outside lanes, nobody follows the dedicated online checkin lane very well. Since you are renting a trailer, you may want to go inside. There may be a dedicated online checkin line there.