Pix of the old Fort Wilderness RR??

Hi Fiends, as many of you know, I'm a Disney podcaster and writer at WDWmousenger.com and for Mouseplanet.com.  I'm doing a story about the Fort Wilderness RR this month for mouseplanet and in November I'm doing a podcast show and a story for the blog.  My question is, does anyone have any old photos from the railroad?  I would like to include photos with my story, but even though my family rode the RR numerous ties back in the old Fort days, I guess we never actually took pix of it...cant find any in mom and dad's albums, anyway.  If someone has any pix and wuldn't mind letting me use them in my story, I'd sure appreciate it!   :jumpforjoy  :banana:

Rod Wheaton

WDWmousenger.com

David Leaphart, who wrote a couple of books on the FWRR, also contributed some info to Fort Fiends that might be helpful.  You can find it on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/history/fwrr/the-6-lives-of-the-fort-wilderness-railroad-r101

I'm actually in touch with David, and emailed him earlier today about getting some pix...his book about the old RR is FANTASTIC!! It's hard to put down, but then I'm a real geek for the Fort. I will actually be crediting his work on my upcoming show.

I'm actually in touch with David, and emailed him earlier today about getting some pix...his book about the old RR is FANTASTIC!! It's hard to put down, but then I'm a real geek for the Fort. I will actually be crediting his work on my upcoming show.

Very cool!

Hopefully some of the Fiends will have some pics to share too.

I don't have photos, but Shields and Yarnell  did a show where the Fort was featured. 

I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7mZgwi44vg

Don't think it's all the show but the Fort part with the train is here.  My husband had been picked to be an extra and can be seen at 2:49-2:51 in the clip.  He's the camper in the plaid shirt  almost run over by S&Y.  My mother was visiting and got to be on the train.  Everything goes by so fast it's hard to see.  DH actually was paid for his 2 seconds on screen but Mom was happy for a place to sit.  For the few seconds this this appeared onscreen, it took hours to film.

One of the commenters on youtube says he has a 1978 date on his recording of the show.