I have a FW Overflow Parking Lot question. Is it still possible to park there until site assignment is accomplished as years past allowed? If not what is the current arrangement?  :rofl2: sup?

• 3 months later...

I have a second question about the overflow lot--can you park there overnight? DH was interested in parking our T/T there on a Thursday before Friday check in. Saving us some time (and his sanity in the heat and humidity) after work, since the T/T will already be up there and just have to park it at our campsite once he arrives.

I have a second question about the overflow lot--can you park there overnight? DH was interested in parking our T/T there on a Thursday before Friday check in. Saving us some time (and his sanity in the heat and humidity) after work, since the T/T will already be up there and just have to park it at our campsite once he arrives.

Unfortunately, no.

"Unless, you can find a fellow fiend already there and borrow an extra parking pass from them" (Did I say that outloud??!!)

Carol already answered your question...BUT...

What I do since we live so close is, I drive the car over early in the AM the morning (like 7am) of check in, and well, check in. Then I stop at Publix - Champion Gate on the way home & do my camping shopping, go home & pack, and have everything set to go when DH gets home from work. When he gets home I start the MH so it can air up while DH changes clothes. Because the site # has been texted to me, and I have my KTTW cards, we take the back entrance in & go directly to our site. Really low stress.

I was going check in early too, and let the girls go swimming for a bit. Then go back and join up with DH after work to help hook up the T/T and head back up. Having the trailer already up there would save alot, but I do understand. We moved the T/T to a new storage parking, so we'll literally be 30 mins to the main gate.

I would be batting my eyelashes for an extra parking pass, but from the calendar, it doesn't look like any other fiends will be at the Fort this weekend. No problems.

Trust me, if I could hook up the hitch and do it myself, I would. We'd be at the fort as soon as I got up there!

Thanks for the feedback!

If your DH gets it hooked up for you, could you tow it? You could pull it over to the Fort in the AM and park it in the Overflow Lot. Then your DH could meet you over there and get it backed in and set up.

Now that I think about it...that's something I could do that I'd never thought of before!

idea-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000274-large.gif

I can't back the MH into a site (heck, I can barely back a car into a site) but I can drive it forward just fine with the golf cart in tow! If "Mr. Mayor" happens to be at the Fort when I check in, he might back the MH for me if I pay him in beer! Donnie will work for beer! :rofl2:

Thanks for asking the question! You have given me something to aim for!

Trust me, if I could hook up the hitch and do it myself, I would. We'd be at the fort as soon as I got up there!

Thanks for the feedback!

You really should learn!!! What if your spouse got sick or injured on a trip??!! Then it would be up to YOU to hitch that beast up and get it home, or pay BIG BUCKS for someone else to do it.

That is my public service announcement for the day!!!

Agree with Carol, you should be able to do it in case of emergency. On another point, I wish I had a travel trailer!!! I know how to pull & back in (I had a pup even when I was single). I just can't set up the pup by myself, it hurts my neck too much. I know I don't usually drive but I CAN do it if I have to, and it would make things so much easier to have a TT. As it is I have to change plans all the time so that DH can take me over & get it set up before he leaves town for work, and then everything in reverse for check-out. If I had a TT I could do it all myself. Yes, a case of the envies today.