Eat at Polynesian and see Christmas displays

I'm wondering if the resort monorail is running in the mid to late evenings? We want to go eat at the Poly and then go on the monorail to the other resorts that are decorated. Is it possible right now? This could be on a weekend or during the week haven't looked at exact days yet.

I thought I saw a notice that the resort line wasn't running all the time right now....

From wdwinfo.com:

As of 9/27/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.  An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service).  This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set.  The schedule will be:
Epcot - 8:00am-11:00pm or 1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes (whichever time is earlier)
Resort monorail - 7:00am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes
Express monorail - 8:30am-1 hour after the Magic Kingdom closes

I'm sure you'll get a more accurate answer real soon.

I haven't heard anything about the monorails not running all the time.

We always do a monorail resort loop at Christmas time. And we've never had a problem even later into the evening.

I would imagine that if the MK is open the monorail is running. Unless there is some sort of mechanical or weather issue. And we've had both of those.

• 2 weeks later...