Disney schwag for your phones and gadgets

From the Disney Parks blog...

Checking In with D-Tech at Disney Parks

posted on March 25th, 2011 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

tec596754SMALL.jpg

Last November, I introduced you to the world of D-Tech, our new electronic accessories brand that features all sorts of cases, covers and Disney flair for your favorite gadgets. I ?checked-in? with Kevin-Michael Lezotte, Product Developer for stationery and electronic accessories, to get an update on the latest items. Sadly, I didn?t earn a Passport Stamp but I did get an awesome preview.

cas696543SMALL.jpg

?D-Tech was a huge hit this past holiday season,? explained Kevin-Michael. ?I was hoping [D-Tech] would be popular with guests, but the response has exceeded my wildest dreams! I?m excited to see how guests enjoy some of the new items we are introducing in March.?

The newest items to arrive are covers for the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 developed by Disney Theme Park Merchandise. These covers feature Disney characters and the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle.

pad596432SMALL.jpg

?With this new development, I was searching for ways to connect Disney Parks memories to our Guests,? said Kevin-Michael. ?Now when a guest leaves a Disney Park, they are reminded of their Disney trip just by answering their phone, reading the latest news on their tablet device or sending a text message.?

The new clip cases for the iPad mobile digital device are some of my favorite new items. The images of the Castles are spectacular! Kevin-Michael said that D-Tech will change and evolve with technology.

?I?m working on cases and covers for a variety of devices such as smart phones, e-readers and other tablets,? continued Kevin-Michael. ?You?ll see those items later in 2011. When new technology is announced, it takes me a few months before I can modify or create a new item to fit a particular gadget. My goal is to offer a variety of choices to match our guests? needs.?

exa596564SMALL.jpg

Coming in March, guests will find additional phone covers with new artwork including one of my favorites, Donald Duck. Kevin-Michael also showed me some ?shining examples? of new items coming this summer (trust me, they sparkle!). The Mickey Mouse sleeve pictured above is coming in the fall.

Select D-Tech items can be found on the Disney Parks on-line store or see a larger selection at the World of Disney locations in California and Florida.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/checking-in-with-d-tech-at-disney-parks/