Ticket differences??

There's a chance that we may get to go to the Fort in August 2015.  (I know, it's HOT!)

We've never been with the new tickets/ Magic Bands, etc. so I have a stupid question.....

If we buy our tickets through Undercover Tourist, can we get MagicBands?  or do you have to get them straight from Disney to get them? especially the colored ones?

We'd be going with other family members who most likely will buy a package thru Disney, staying in a cabin.  If we're in a campsite, can we link our tickets, etc. if we book separately?  

Somehow, this all seems so much more complicated than it used to be.....  :(

Thanks

Lynn   :camp1:

If staying onsite you will get magic bands for free. You can link the undercover tourist tickets to the bands on your my Disney experience account.

If your were staying offsite you can purchase magic bands if you want or just use the tickets which are now RFID enabled.

If your friends are traveling the same time you can link your accounts to make planning things together easier.

Yes that is what we did. You still need your original tickets when you go through the gate the first time and then they will be linked to your magic band.

Interesting and good to know. You should be able to link those online. First time I heard of having to have them with you. I would bring them in case of problems anyway. 

I was able to link them online but I am not sure if they were officially linked until we went through the main gate.

Gotcha. As far as I know you can link them online but until first use they can still be transferred. Should not need the physical tickets but as I said I always recommend bringing them along in case of problems. 

They only spent a couple billion on this after all. Cant expect it to work right all the time. 

I purchased annual passes on line.  Then linked them to my reservations.  We received the magic bands a few weeks ago.  We also have the ticket exchange certificate.  Do I need to take the exchange certificate to the window to get the actual paper ticket?  I would not mind doing that so the first day would be that day rather than the day we purchased the magic bands.

I purchased annual passes on line.  Then linked them to my reservations.  We received the magic bands a few weeks ago.  We also have the ticket exchange certificate.  Do I need to take the exchange certificate to the window to get the actual paper ticket?  I would not mind doing that so the first day would be that day rather than the day we purchased the magic bands.

No matter what, the expiration date should be the date of first use. You might want to log in to be sure after you use them. They messed mine up, and they can't fix it over the phone.