Disney no longer will mail printed maps?

This is the response I got from Disney this morning after asking about getting printed map of WDW and FW.

"We appreciate your interest in learning more about Walt Disney World®! While we no longer have maps that can be mailed to your home, did you know that on our website, we have options so that you can see the parks with a bird’s eye view?"

Wanted them to help us and another family plan our trip and to make place mats out of..... (Something we saw on here and my wife loved).

Well that's a bummer!  That was one of the last cool "free" things you could still get from Disney.

I just double checked and the old link to order your customized maps now forwards to the interactive maps page.

I suppose it makes sense - the spiffy map package couldn't have been cheap to print/mail.  And given that they're still sending new MBs out every time someone books a trip (along with all that spiffy packaging) I guess it made sense financially for the maps to go.

I guess I'll have to make sure I hang onto the ones I've got kicking around here now.

This is the response I got from Disney this morning after asking about getting printed map of WDW and FW.

"We appreciate your interest in learning more about Walt Disney World®! While we no longer have maps that can be mailed to your home, did you know that on our website, we have options so that you can see the parks with a bird’s eye view?"

Wanted them to help us and another family plan our trip and to make place mats out of..... (Something we saw on here and my wife loved).

Are these the maps of the entire Disney property showing all of the various roads?

I got one years ago when I checked in.

It was a great map to find all of the shortcuts between various parks and properties.

You used to be able to order customizable park maps from Disney every 6 months on the website.  They looked like these...

custom-map-ak.jpg

They came with stickers, your name and "favorites" printed on them, and nifty packaging.

You should still be able to get the other maps on site when you're there.