So, when we were there our last trip, we had a wonderful experience with a CM.  He really connected with our family.  We took pictures with him, and we texted him a couple of them.  As we were leaving, he said to let him know the next time we'd be in WDW and that he can get us free tickets to the parks.  We are planning a trip back in November and would love to see him again, tickets or no tickets.  However, my husband is worried that we could get him into trouble if he were to offer and give us tickets.  Does anyone know what the policies are about this?

CMs are given comp tickets they can use for what ever they see fit, except profit from them.

There are also some lines of business that get tickets they can use as guest recovery tools. Mostly guest relations and guest support.

I have used my comp tickets to get fiends in and have donated some to charity. They do expire so if not used they are just wasted.

Not knowing the full situation I cannot say wether he would get into trouble or not.

If it's comps then no. He won't get into trouble. If it's guest recovery tools then he could get into trouble for just giving them out.

Ok, that's good info. Another question, though. Can you link comped tix to MDE and book FPs?

Yes.  You just use the code on the back of the ticket.  Of course the comp ticket initially could just be a paper voucher unless the CM has already turned it in for the actual ticket.  If it is the voucher, you would need to go to guest relations, exchange the voucher for the ticket and then use that code for FPs.

The paper voucher can be linked to MDX and used to book FP+. However, you need the voucher to start. So until you get the voucher you can't link it unless he sends the voucher number.

Once linked, you don't even need the ticket unless you do not have magic bands. If you have magic bands then just link the voucher and use your band to enter the park and redeem FP. Each voucher is good for 1 day park hopper. No black out dates.

Of course, if he is using his main gate to get you in, you cannot make fps ahead of time. He will have to meet you at the park, sign you in, and then give you his tickets which you will need to give back to him when done.

The paper voucher can be linked to MDX and used to book FP+. However, you need the voucher to start. So until you get the voucher you can't link it unless he sends the voucher number.

Once linked, you don't even need the ticket unless you do not have magic bands. If you have magic bands then just link the voucher and use your band to enter the park and redeem FP. Each voucher is good for 1 day park hopper. No black out dates.

Of course, if he is using his main gate to get you in, you cannot make fps ahead of time. He will have to meet you at the park, sign you in, and then give you his tickets which you will need to give back to him when done.

Thanks for that!  I never thought to look at the voucher before turning them in.  Since the tickets are pre-printed, I guess the system links the voucher number to that ticket.

So to clarify, the vouchers are essentially already active as long as they are linked to an admission media such as a Magic band?  So if linked, there is no reason to visit guest relations, correct?  

I'll have to give Disney some credit for that one...OK, just a little.

Thanks for that! I never thought to look at the voucher before turning them in. Since the tickets are pre-printed, I guess the system links the voucher number to that ticket.

So to clarify, the vouchers are essentially already active as long as they are linked to an admission media such as a Magic band? So if linked, there is no reason to visit guest relations, correct?

I'll have to give Disney some credit for that one...OK, just a little.

Correct. You only need to visit guest relations to get a card issued if you do not have a magic band.