From WDWMagic...

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach winter refurbishment dates
Jun 23, 2015 | 11:11am EDT

The dates are now available for the 2015 winter refurbishments of both Walt Disney World water parks.

This year, Blizzard beach will be closing first, with its refurbishment beginning on October 25 2015 through to January 2 2016.

Typhoon Lagoon will then close for its refurbishment on January 3 2016, through to March 12 2016.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/typhoon-lagoon/news/23jun2015-typhoon-lagoon-and-blizzard-beach-winter-refurbishment-dates.htm

• 2 months later...

The Blizzard Beach refurb has been extended by a couple of weeks. The water park will now be closed from October 4 through January 2, 2016.

What?!!!

It's because I got the waterparks and more tickets with our Student Seminar tickets isn't it? So much for just relaxing on our arrival date. Of course now this means leaving earlier than I had intended on Friday, October 2nd. Someone want to break the news to Rachel that she won't be going to dance class that afternoon for me.

• 1 month later...

From OTPN, unscheduled attraction closures at Blizzard Beach...

Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in the near future should note that, due to some major issues, both Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher will be closed through January 3, 2016 (on October 4, 2015, all of Blizzard Beach will close to Guests for its planned, annual refurbishment through January 2, 2016).

For this reason, Guests wishing to experience those two water slides will have to wait until next year to do so. Continue to check back here for more updates.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/summit-plummet-and-slush-gusher-closed_24.html

• 2 weeks later...