Fantasmic FastPass+ Test - Hollywood Studios

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/hollywood-studios-new-fastpass-test-at.html

Hollywood Studios: New FastPass+ Test at Fantasmic!
Friday, July 17, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

During a test at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests attending Fantasmic! will be encouraged to visit a FastPass+ kiosk prior to show time for a same-day FastPass+ ticket with a specific section, row, or seat. During this test, pre-arrival and onsite FastPass+ selections (via the My Disney Experience site/app) will not be available for the show. Guests will have to visit a FastPass+ kiosk once inside the park in order to receive a FastPass+ ticket for that day’s show.

The test schedule is currently expected to be divided into three parts:
  • Seat test: July 21-22
  • Row test: July 23-24
  • Section test: July 27-28
On the first day of each test, Fantasmic! Guests will receive a FastPass+ ticket with their section, row, or seat. On the second day, Guests will receive a FastPass+ ticket with their section, row, or seat and will also be able to view a theater map at the kiosk.

If a Guest arrives more than 35 minutes prior to show time and FastPass+ tickets are still available, Cast will direct the Guest to the nearest FastPass+ kiosk to receive their FastPass+ ticket.

Some frequently asked questions regarding this test:

Do I need a FastPass+ ticket with a specific section, row or seat to attend the show?
No. However, if you do not have a FastPass+ ticket, you will need to wait in the standby line. 

Can I book a FastPass+ selection for Fantasmic! through My Disney Experience? 
During this time, FastPass+ selections will not be available on My Disney Experience for shows on July 21-25, July 27-29 and Aug. 11-13. However, you can still visit a FastPass+ kiosk prior to show time in order to receive a FastPass+ ticket that includes a specific section, row or seat.

I already booked a FastPass+ selection. Can I still use my entitlement during this period? 
If you already booked a FastPass+ selection on My Disney Experience, please enter the Fantasmic! theater through the Tower Gate (located near the Tower of Terror gift shop) to redeem your entitlement.

I visited a FastPass+ kiosk and received a FastPass+ ticket with my seat. When should I return? 
We recommend you return anytime within 15-35 minutes prior to the show.

I did not receive a FastPass+ ticket and will wait in the standby line. When should I return? 
We recommend you return anytime within 15-35 minutes prior to the show.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/hollywood-studios-new-fastpass-test-at.html

Interesting.

What I want to know is where the seating will be.

The current FP+ areas aren't that great, and you can get better seats showing up and claiming your own.

Also, assigning seats like this will make the seating areas crowded.  I like to find a spot in the theater where it's not totally packed and we can have some extra room.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

New FastPass+ Test Taking Place at Fantasmic! Aug. 5-6

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

Another important test will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 5-6, 2015 for all park Guests holding a FastPass+ entitlement for Fantasmic!

During this test, only one Guest per party will be asked to touch their ticket or a MagicBand to the touch point in order to redeem the FastPass+ entitlements for their entire group. This temporary procedure will apply to all parties, no matter their size. Continue reading for additional details and information about this test.

In order to expedite Guests’ arrival at Fantasmic!, a test will take place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Aug. 5-6 for Guests with FastPass+ entitlements for this nighttime spectacular. As previously mentioned, during this test, only one Guest per party will be asked to touch their media to the RFID reader in order to redeem the FastPass+ entitlements for their entire group.

fG92bAP.png

The entire party does not need to be present when redeeming the FastPass+ entitlements; however, all members of the party will be marked “redeemed” once one member of the party touches their media to the reader. Additional party members may arrive anytime before the end of the return window. Once other members of the party touch their media to the reader to redeem their FastPass+ entitlements, the Mickey icon will turn green.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/new-fastpass-test-taking-place-at.html

Interesting.

What I want to know is where the seating will be.

The current FP+ areas aren't that great, and you can get better seats showing up and claiming your own.

I agree.  We had FP+ and ended up on the top row of the farthest left section.  Really bad seats.