Is Disney Outsourcing it's Bus System

I found this...

Dynamic, just like most motor coach companies in Florida is primarily a charter operation.  Due to our ability to meet challenges, our flexibility and adaptability, we were fortunate to be called upon in 1998 and 1999  to assist Walt Disney World’s College Housing Transportation Program.  We provided 80% of the “then existing route structure” for approximately five months.  In 2002, due to our knowledge of the program and proven ability we were much honored to be awarded the 2002 – 2005 College Housing Program.  Having successfully serviced the program for 40 months, transporting between 4000 and 5500 workers every day, seven days a week, that particular contract required 25 coaches and 125 employees.

http://www.dynamicbuslines.com/about.html

Our last trip this past March we stayed at the Caribbean Beach and one morning we were picked up by a non Disney bus to one of the parks.  Didn't think much of it at the time.  There were a lot of sports teams staying at the resort at the time, so I thought that Disney was just bringing in extra buses to help with all the additional people.

Our last trip this past March we stayed at the Caribbean Beach and one morning we were picked up by a non Disney bus to one of the parks.  Didn't think much of it at the time.  There were a lot of sports teams staying at the resort at the time, so I thought that Disney was just bringing in extra buses to help with all the additional people.

the system is mostly automated from what i know, that little box by the driver that you see him touch on occasion is a 2 way communication device, that also controls the outward display messages.

I was sitting next to the driver and asked him about it and was told basically if they see a bus is running off schedule and another one is nearby, it will be dispatched to pick up the increased load automatically.

I then questioned what about the people on the bus being rerouted and he advised it typically will let them finish the route they are on, say dropping off at the fort, but the outward message will read out of service and he will not let people board so he can then go fill the need before being re rerouted back to his normal route.  

If i recall it was something like a 5 min window is what they are shooting for, if they are more than 5 min late it starts re routing, unless he presses the traffic delay button, then it will keep him on that route and avoid dispatching others to get there.

its all a well choreographed

dance

4973001942_1f3cf3cbb9_b.jpg

Discamper- what you saw isn't anything new.  Disney often brings in charter buses to enhance the fleet during busy times.  These almost always seem to be assigned to the value resorts.  I've been picked up by one of the charter buses at the MK bus stop before.   It's not a good thing for guests in scooters, as they can't load them on the charter buses. You also see this a lot when there's one of the race events. They use the charter buses to get the race participants back and forth to their resorts.

TCD