We are looking very hard at toy haulers and have narrowed it down to 2 floor models in the Heartland Torque 5th wheel line.  We like both of them, but really like the 39' model the best due to 3 slides vs 2 and the island in the kitchen.  My truck will tow both, but the 39' model will be right at the max of what I personally want to tow by the time it is loaded (around 14K #).

My questions are:

1.  If we go with the 39' model vs. the 36' model will it tow differently due to the added length?

2.  How difficult is it to tow a 39' 5th wheel?  Most of our travel will be interstate, but certainly there will be times we will tow through some smaller towns on occassion as we go to the beach and some local campgrounds. 

3.  Will the added 3' limit my options of campsites at most places? 

If anyone has experince or advice I would love to hear your feedback. 

We went from a 24 foot toyhauler to a 42' Inferno to a 39' Momentum 350.     The good news is a 39' toyhauler will be no longer than a 30' go 32' Travel Trailer setup.  The 42' was about 4K heavier and I can tell a difference in towing - the 39' is just right for my 3500 dually.  I would get a good GPS app or trucker app to help you go thru smaller towns.  We quickly ran into problems camping in our favorite spots from the 24' to the longer toyhaulers.  The tradeoff being a much more comfortable living space. 

I don't think 3' is going to make much difference.  My Inferno was a triple axle and for me it was not as easy to jackknife or as manuverable as my dual axle Momentum. . The length really didnt' make a lot of difference. Get the one that suits your needs the best.  Weight does make a difference - if you can load more in the 39' you probably will. If the 36' fits your needs I would go that route. 

When we bought our Momentum, we looked at the 42' 385TH and the 39' 350M.   We ultimately chose the 350M for exactly the reasons you are concerned about.  the 39' meet our needs, is lighter, and has been easier to tow.  That being said, be sure you are not losing a vital feature or ability to carry an item due to the 3' length. To me its more about weight that the length. 

Hope this rambling helps!  Let me know if specific questions.  Be sure to measure your garage. Often times a 10' garage isn't actually 10' due to obstructions. You don't want your ATV, Cycle, or Golf Cart rubbing the walls! 

Our toy hauler is 36' bumper pull. So it's the same as pulling a 40'5th wheel length wise. I have no issues pulling it or backing into sites. Get the trailer you like don't settle or you will be settling every time you go camping. Now I will say a lighter weight camper well make the towing experience better.

We have a 39'6" toy hauler. It towes just fine with our dually. The 3' probably wont change campsite options, but the 39' will. I have driven past many nice campsites through the years because we couldn't fit on it. I typically just stop at truck stops and plan my route to avoid sticky situations.