December trip to the Fort almost complete

With Jason's help (thanks, Jason) I've been able to cobble together an 8 night minus one stay, arriving Friday, Dec. 5, and departing Saturday, Dec. 12. It's actually four separate reservations, and the minus one is Saturday night, Dec. 6. We've been checking daily to see if something opens up, but so far no luck. Jason said that night could be a tuffy to get, because they're filming the MK Christmas Day parade that weekend.

My question is, if we don't get a ressie for the 6th, and we have to depart the CG on the morning of the 6th, will we be allowed to park the MH in the Outpost parking lot for the night of the 6th?  We wouldn't be camping in it, as we have a place to stay nearby, but I'd rather not drive the MH back and forth for one night. 

I am sure it could be arranged, however how far off site are you going to stay that 1 night, most of the hotels have ample parking and you might as well bring it with you

Well, we have a place in an RV park about 15 miles from the Fort, and we plan to sleep there on Saturday night if we can't get a reservation, but we plan to bring our golf cart too and I thought it would be easier to just move to the parking lot. We also have to pick up our sister-in-law and niece at the Sanford airport on Saturday. I've seen RVs parked in the lot overnight before, so I'm thinking the Fort powers that be would be OK with it for one night. 

We'll keep our fingers crossed that we can get the extra night. 

Well, we have a place in an RV park about 15 miles from the Fort, and we plan to sleep there on Saturday night if we can't get a reservation, but we plan to bring our golf cart too and I thought it would be easier to just move to the parking lot. We also have to pick up our sister-in-law and niece at the Sanford airport on Saturday. I've seen RVs parked in the lot overnight before, so I'm thinking the Fort powers that be would be OK with it for one night. 

We'll keep our fingers crossed that we can get the extra night. 

Definitely still working on it Mike.

I'm confused with the "four separate reservations" strategy. What's up with that?

most likely the 8 days was not able to be scheduled at 1 time, IE only 2 days here were available, and then checking later netted another 2 days, and another 2 days and finally another 2 days

It cold also be in different site types( full vs premium vs preferred- i hope this is not the case, as someone will get screwed of of the site they booked)

most likely the 8 days was not able to be scheduled at 1 time, IE only 2 days here were available, and then checking later netted another 2 days, and another 2 days and finally another 2 days

It cold also be in different site types( full vs premium vs preferred- i hope this is not the case, as someone will get screwed of of the site they booked)

I don't understand the part of your comment I bolded above.

If someone pieces together reservations for different types of sites, and there is no availability when they get there, they're going to have to move.  Nobody is getting screwed out of a site.

TCD

So Disney  will force someone to move and not let them stay in the site?

Its not like a hotel where its just let me pack my bags, its more complex, I just assumed ( and we know what assuming things do) that they would let them stay in what ever site they were in and make accommodations for the other reservations

the reason I made that comment is its happened to me at a hotel, booked a 3 room suite, and could not use it the first night of my reservation as someone didn't check out, (1000 room hotel and only 100 suites, 20 of them being a 3 room version).  I was put in a smaller room and they didn't charge me for that night, but then i had to move the next day to said 3 room suite

thanks for that info, the more I know the better!

I don't understand the part of your comment I bolded above.

If someone pieces together reservations for different types of sites, and there is no availability when they get there, they're going to have to move.  Nobody is getting screwed out of a site.

TCD

Correct Andrew. 

In this case I have been able to get him all but one night of what he wanted in a premium site. Once I get the last one I will have Disney note the reservations as a continuing reservation to increase the chances of him not having to move sites. It lets the site assigner know they have more days with them. Never guaranteed but I have not seen/heard of someone haveing to move sites. 

Only downside is since they are separate reservations you have to check out and back in to each one. But each one has its own deposit so more of the trip is paid for ahead of time. 

ugh gotta check in and out 4 times... no fun there!

That can be a bummer and obviously this method is my last choice but if it get someone the dates they want especially at busy times then I offer them the choice and I keep trying to make it one longer reservation. 

So Disney  will force someone to move and not let them stay in the site?

Its not like a hotel where its just let me pack my bags, its more complex, I just assumed ( and we know what assuming things do) that they would let them stay in what ever site they were in and make accommodations for the other reservations

Yes, they do tell you that you might have to move, and they expect you to.

If you piece together reservations like this, you know that going in, and that's the risk you take.

It would be interesting, but not something I would like to personally find out, to see what would happen if you don't vacate your site.  Especially during a busy time, I'm thinking that it might not be pretty.  In the end, you might get to stay, but I'll be that will be the last time you're going to be a guest at the Fort.

I've personally been in a situation where I've wanted to extend my stay by a day, and have called the central reservation system to do so.  I was shot down.  I guess I could have stayed anyway to see what they would do.  Again, that's not something I want to find out from personal experience.

As Jason said, I have never heard of a case where pieced-together reservations have not worked out, but there's always a chance they won't.

TCD

Correct Andrew. 

In this case I have been able to get him all but one night of what he wanted in a premium site. Once I get the last one I will have Disney note the reservations as a continuing reservation to increase the chances of him not having to move sites. It lets the site assigner know they have more days with them. Never guaranteed but I have not seen/heard of someone haveing to move sites. 

Only downside is since they are separate reservations you have to check out and back in to each one. But each one has its own deposit so more of the trip is paid for ahead of time. 

What Jason said.  He explained everything to me, & I don't have a problem with it. So far, we have a 1 day, a 4 day, and 2 more 1 day reservations, all for a premium site. The last 3 reservations are continuous, but oddly those days didn't show up as one reservation. 

This experience has taught me not to wait until the last minute to make reservations, if trying to make December reservations in May can be called last minute. I've already booked a site for Halloween 2016. 

One upside to this is we get a Magic Band for each reservation, so we'll get to complete our collection quickly. We can decorate our Christmas tree with them.   :rofl:

Correct Andrew. 

What Jason said.  He explained everything to me, & I don't have a problem with it. So far, we have a 1 day, a 4 day, and 2 more 1 day reservations, all for a premium site. The last 3 reservations are continuous, but oddly those days didn't show up as one reservation. 

This experience has taught me not to wait until the last minute to make reservations, if trying to make December reservations in May can be called last minute. I've already booked a site for Halloween 2016. 

One upside to this is we get a Magic Band for each reservation, so we'll get to complete our collection quickly. We can decorate our Christmas tree with them.   :rofl:

You have a great attitude (and a great travel agent), but what an unnecessary hassle you have been put through by the idiotic WDW reservation system!

How much money and resources are being wasted by sending you multiple MB's for one stay?

It's no skin off of their backs, because they'll just jack up the rates.

Idiots.

TCD

So Disney will force someone to move and not let them stay in the site?

the reason I made that comment is its happened to me at a hotel, booked a 3 room suite, and could not use it the first night of my reservation as someone didn't check out, (1000 room hotel and only 100 suites, 20 of them being a 3 room version). I was put in a smaller room and they didn't charge me for that night, but then i had to move the next day to said 3 room suite

thanks for that info, the more I know the better!

Did you think it was fair for that person not to check out and force you into another room. That's bull. You had the reservation. They should have made them leave.

So

In Saying that. Why would it be fair to let "you" stay (you don't have a rezzie) and screw the person who has the rezzie?

Did you think it was fair for that person not to check out and force you into another room. That's bull. You had the reservation. They should have made them leave.

So

In Saying that. Why would it be fair to let "you" stay (you don't have a rezzie) and screw the person who has the rezzie?

in my situation I think someone got paid personally.... all was good in the end though

What do you mean?

Also you didn't answer the question.

I my situation at the hotel, I think someone was paid/ bribed to let them stay in the room

and I don't think it is fair,  Money talks!

i had no recourse as i was checking in and the room booked  was not available, its not like i could go to the room, as i didn't know the number, and ask them to move

• 2 months later...

Jason came through   :mademyday: and got us the night we were missing for our upcoming visit to the Fort, and he was also able to consolidate the multiple reservations into one, so I won't have to hassle with checking in 5 times in a week  :thank-you-smiley3: . We still got the multiple Magic Bands though, so our collections are complete! 

Now my remaining problem is finding a trailer to use to haul my golf cart to the Fort.  :panic:  :panic:  If only I could drive it down 192 without getting pulled over  :popo:  :siren: by the law. 

Can't wait for the 4th.

Picked up the rental trailer and some Christmas decorations this afternoon. Just need to finish loading the motor home in the morning and we should be at the Fort by noon, probably in the 1400 loop. I'll post our site number tomorrow.  We hope to meet some Fiends this trip.

Arrived at the fort about noon, check-in went smoothly, got a site that I had requested, was told it wasn't ready yet and I should go to the overflow parking lot and await a text message telling me when the site was ready.  We unloaded the golf cart, drove back to the site, it was clean and unoccupied, so we got the coach and set up on the site.  I'm still waiting for my text message telling me the site is ready.  :facepalm:

I want to thank Jason again for his work in getting our reservation. 

Arrived at the fort about noon, check-in went smoothly, got a site that I had requested, was told it wasn't ready yet and I should go to the overflow parking lot and await a text message telling me when the site was ready.  We unloaded the golf cart, drove back to the site, it was clean and unoccupied, so we got the coach and set up on the site.  I'm still waiting for my text message telling me the site is ready.  :facepalm:

I want to thank Jason again for his work in getting our reservation. 

Glad to hear you are all set up and ready to enjoy your vacation. Have fun!